People who don't vote should shut up about politics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I, like a lot of you who do vote, am getting a little sick of these idiots that keep going on about how crap the country is and what they would do about it and then say "I don't vote anyway".

if you don't vote, you are saying 'it doesn't matter what i think' ....if it doesn't matter what you think, don't vocalise it.

Rant over.

Sponsored Links
I vote even if it is a waste of time. if you are rich whatever of the main parties you vote fore you are on to a winner. if your poor you do not have a party anymore. we do not have a bnp in cornwall so i will vote fore anyone that will get the attention of mi5.
and its not a secret ballot

I think postal voting is so easy, there is no excuss, wait till text/email voting comes in.
The turnout will be 100% driven by youtube/facebook etc. Gods help us.

I think postal voting is so easy, there is no excuss, wait till text/email voting comes in.
The turnout will be 100% driven by youtube/facebook etc. Gods help us.
There would still be idiots not voting 'in protest'. That is pretty much the same as protesting by going on a march...in your living room...with the curtains closed...on tip toes...and not mentioning it to anyone afterwards.

I'm sure all the politicians are scared. ;)

"Quick Lads, RUN! Here comes someone who doesn't voice his opinion!!"

Sponsored Links
Thats like saying stupid people who have'nt got a belief, should'nt talk about religion:cool:

I, like a lot of you who do vote, am getting a little sick of these idiots that keep going on about how crap the country is and what they would do about it and then say "I don't vote anyway".

if you don't vote, you are saying 'it doesn't matter what i think' ....if it doesn't matter what you think, don't vocalise it.

Rant over.
What a load of b*llocks...

It's my democratic right to vote or not, and anyone saying otherwise is denying that right... ;)

Rant over.

It's my democratic right to vote or not, and anyone saying otherwise is denying that right... ;)
Very Well said, sir. ;)

It's my democratic right to vote or not,

Yes, you do have the freedom of that choice.
The point of the OP was that if you don't vote then you have no right to complain about whoever gets elected.

Hypothetical scenario:

Labour win an election by 20,000 votes and gain power.

That night up and down the country there are a total of 21,000 Tory voters who didn't bother to vote.
If they had voted the their party would have won.
Simple.
If you don't vote you can't criticise.

Using that argument conny,I don't play football but enjoy watching it does that not allow me to voice an opinion on who I think is good or crap at the game.

Rant over.

Whether you vote or not, these bastard s will still play the game their way. After all their stealing, fiddling, and lying, they'll still get off with it scot free. Between 150 and 200 mp's will be standing down at this election, and all of them will get a nice little backhander, even the corrupt ones. The rest??? well they can see the writing on the wall,, the game's up,, it's time to get out.
How do you know when a politician is lying??? easy,, when you see their lips move!!!

Rant over.

Quite right. The Queen doesn't vote, but you never hear her complaining about how bad life is!

Hypothetical scenario:

Labour win an election by 20,000 votes and gain power.

That night up and down the country there are a total of 21,000 Tory voters who didn't bother to vote.
If they had voted the their party would have won.
Simple.
The problem is that under fptp that hypothetical scenario would never exist.

If we had PR, then possibly the OP could have a point...only a small point mind, because although every vote would count (as opposed to now when only a few areas decide the result), we should still have a right to turn our backs on the system!

Whether you vote or not, these b*****d s will still play the game their way. After all their stealing, fiddling, and lying, they'll still get off with it scot free. Between 150 and 200 mp's will be standing down at this election, and all of them will get a nice little backhander, even the corrupt ones. The rest??? well they can see the writing on the wall,, the game's up,, it's time to get out.
How do you know when a politician is lying??? easy,, when you see their lips move!!!

I'm with Bernard Shaw...

Voting in a new government is like turning over the muck pile in a farmyard...

All that happens is you get different maggots at the top!

Rant over.

Does the same flawed logic apply to people who vote for minority parties when they have no chance of being elected.
As if voting is going to make any kind of difference as to which gang of lying, self serving cheats we end up with.
For instance I don't remember the labour party telling us that they planned to flood the country with immigrants before any of the last few elections. Or when we had a referendum for the "common market" no one mentioned it was going to become a united states of europe. So how can people make an informed choice when they are not informed by the untrustworthy politicians as to what they are voting for.

Sponsored Links
Back