Performa 28 - capable of running 2 showers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Potterton Performa 28 located in the bathroom (upstairs) - the bathroom contains a bath with a shower over. With the kids getting bigger (and the morning bathroom queue likely to get longer) we are thinking of extending downstairs and creating a shower room. My question is therefore would we be able to run 2 showers at the same time with this boiler? Or do we need to upgrade to something bigger?

Regards

Matthew

Sponsored Links
No its not big enough ,And dependent on water supply to the house even turning another tap on can affect it .
When your having a shower and someone turns on a cold tap does it drastically affect it if not why not go for an 10.5kw electric shower in new shower room , far cheaper than changing the boiler and gives you a back up

definately not. No combi can run two good showers at the same time. You want an unvented cylinder for that. A vaillant 937 or a glow worm xtramax he come close though.

Many thanks for the replies Namsag and Dangermouse.

Excuse my plumbing ignorance but an unvented cylinder would be a direct fed cylinder with an expansion vessel? Is the water then heated using an immersion heater? Is the 10.5kw electric shower where the shower heater element heats the water during use? Or am I totally wrong?

Of the 2 options mentioned which is the most energy efficient/cost effective and easier to install?

Thanks again

Matthew

Sponsored Links
another option is to keep your existing boiler and fit the unvented cylinder in the loft space (water mains permitting) and add it to the ch pipework as an additional zone. This way you can have an immersion heater (back up hw should boiler breakdown), use the combi for the kitchen sink and basins and unvented cyl for showers/baths. (an unvented cyl is direct off the mains and will have an exp vsl either integral aka bubble top or external). The electric shower is another good (and cheaper) option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back