Permitted development rights if no council tax band

Properties which undergo repairs or work for which maybe kitchen or bathroom should be removed temporary have to pay Council Tax before April 2013 it was 25% but after this date I think that there has been a change in law and it is now 100%

The government loses a lot of money if Council Tax Bands are deleted as a consequence the VOA applies very stringent tests and accept to delete the Council Tax Band only if the property is really inhabitable.

If a Council Tax Band is deleted for many years this does not mean that the owner of the property loses permanently permitted development rights but I think that he has to turn back his property into a dwellinghouse before exercise permitted development rights which apply only to dwellinghouse. If I am wrong tell me why

If a property is not classed anymore as a dwellinghouse C3 because it is not anymore a building affording the facilities required for day-to-day private domestic existence it can maybe be classed ‘Sui Generis’ like for example a garage or a barn.

Sponsored Links
I would like to add that it could not be non habitable dwelling for the purposes of collecting Council Tax if the Council tax Band has been deleted because it if it has been deleted no council Tax could be collected

council tax deleted does not mean the council tax will not be due for payment
all it means is when that list was formed and published deleted was the status

its up to the property owner to update as necessary the status off the building to the council for council tax purposes

I think that Council Tax should be paid for the period the Council Tax Band as not yet been deleted and should not be paid for the period it has been deleted. And they have to pay again Council tax when the status of their property change and the Council Tax Band is put back.

It is why some owners of properties make applications to the VOA to have the Council Tax Band of their property deleted to save money by not having to pay anymore Council Tax for their property. However as I say in my penultimate message VOA applies very stringent tests because the Government loses money by having Council Tax Band of some property deleted

Sponsored Links
"i think"
is for when you go on holiday or catch a train with other people where there is a choice through consensus it can off course also be giving your opinion on a subject
but in this case your thought are irrelevant as they wont make any difference :D

The important point is that what matter is not what the property is but how it is used and if it is used as a single dwelling house. However if the Council Tax Band is deleted officially for the Royal Mail this address does not exist and it has no obligation to deliver any mails at this address.

Moreover it is very likely that the officers from the VOA when they will visit this property to decide whether or not to delete its Council Tax Band will request that the letter box is sealed.

Hence in this condition how this property could be used as a single dwelling House giving right to permitted development rights if its occupiers cannot receive any correspondence at this address

the address for correspondence can be any address you choose

where do you get the information about letterboxes being sealed or is that another "i think" :D

you can have letters delivered to a garage iff you like so habitable or not means nothing

An owner of a property which was a dwellinghouse and which has its the Council Tax Band deleted because it has been considered by the VOA as inhabitable can make an application for a lawful development certificate to be sure that his property has still permitted development rights which apply only to dwellinghouse
It is necessary that he enclosed in this application the ‘existing floor plan’. The question is what kind of ‘existing floor plan’ he can enclose in his application if all inside of his property has been destroyed and it is why the Council Tax Band has been deleted.
The other question is whether the planning department will agree to consider that a property in such a state is still a dwellinghouse and grant to it the lawful development certificate

so i will take it there is some assumptions in your posts that muddy the water and make it difficult or impossible to help you

i will now wish you luck and enjoy the rest off my life ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back