Picture of the week™

It's fed from the load side of the top board main switch, so there is a single point of isolation.

Sponsored Links
Just to keep empip happy:

floor1.jpg

RF Lighting said:
mdbalson said:
What's wrong with BS951 Clamps on the incommer :?: As I have a BS951 Clamp on the incommer at home.

It can crush the cable, and BS951 clamps are not designed for use on cables. (They do not always provide the most reliable connection)

So why did the DNOs use BS951 Clamps for main earth terminals :?:

Becasue they were very naughty, but they have now learned the error of their ways

Sponsored Links
"Safety Electrical Connection - Do not Remove"

Looks like someone ignored the warning label ....... and removed the label !!

Next Inspection Label ?

Circuit Schedule ?

equitum said:

Next Inspection Label ?

Circuit Schedule ?

who's picture are u talking about :?:

mdbalson said:
equitum said:

Next Inspection Label ?

Circuit Schedule ?

who's picture are u talking about :?:

RF's

Do you mean this picture of RF's

IMGP0955.jpg

Where the warning label on the earth clamp on the incommer, has gone for a walk

RF Lighting said:
I removed the warning label as it is not required by BS7671 ;)

I thought it was required, for my benefit, can you elaborate ?

On the subject of labels, I also thought the label "Danger 240V" is not required by BS7671, but you have not removed this from one CU (or have stuck it on one of them)

Next Inspection label and Circuit schedule ?

equitum said:
RF Lighting said:
I removed the warning label as it is not required by BS7671 ;)

I thought it was required, for my benefit, can you elaborate ?

The suppliers cable and therefore the suppliers MET is governed by the ESQCR regs, not BS7671.

On the subject of labels, I also thought the label "Danger 240V" is not required by BS7671, but you have not removed this from one CU (or have stuck it on one of them)

Correct, but I like to put one on anyway.

Next Inspection label

It is affixed to the inside of the CU lid along with the 'test RCD quarterly' and 'how to reset a device' stickers.

and Circuit schedule ?

The photo was taken upon completion of the installation work. I type up the schedules and test certificates on the computer once the installation work is finished.

A printed out, laminated schedule is much neater and more durable, and also has company details on it :D

RF Lighting said:
The suppliers cable and therefore the suppliers MET is governed by the ESQCR regs, not BS7671.

Not so.

514-13-01 " A permenent label to BS951 with the words "Safety Electrical Connection - Do Not Remove" shall be permanently fixed in a visible position at or near:
(i) the point of connection of every earthing conductor to an earth electrode"

The nice new 16mm EC you have connected to the MET definately applies to the above regulation.

Next Inspection label

It is affixed to the inside of the CU lid along with the 'test RCD quarterly' and 'how to reset a device' stickers.

Being inside in my opinion does not comply as that is not a "prominent" position. Better to have it on the outside where the customer may actually notice it from time to time.

and Circuit schedule ?

The photo was taken upon completion of the installation work. I type up the schedules and test certificates on the computer once the installation work is finished.

A printed out, laminated schedule is much neater and more durable, and also has company details on it :D

Maybe so, but as the work was completed the absence of the above was a departure from BS7671. ;)

Having spent the required 20 mins on an inspection course, observed the installation from 200 miles distant ... Have virtually sealed it off.

junk2.jpg

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back