Pilot keep going off once every month(kingfisher2)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the problem before where the pilot of my kingfisher2 boiler would go out every week...I got a plumber who changed the pilot injector etc...but now the pilot seems to go out once a month which is not bad but i was to know wot could be the reason

Sponsored Links
Get an RGI, not a plumber, to check the boiler over properly, flue, air supply, working pressure, flue sensor, I think there is one fitted on these, and burner pressure.

Could be simply the pilot flame is not large enough.

Thx you for your reply, wot do you mean by RGI?registered corgi?I had one over to check, but i will try to talk to him again. I met him on this website..AGILE..

Sponsored Links
Well HE won't speak to you again, you called him a PLUMBER!

Thx you for your reply, wot do you mean by RGI?registered corgi?I had one over to check, but i will try to talk to him again. I met him on this website..AGILE..

GASP GASP GASP

Someone get me a defrib kit NOW I think I am having a heart attack

:)

Oh it's all gone quiet over there, oh it's all gone quiet over there, oh it's all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Careful Dave, don't want you to get too carried away and do yourself a mischief :eek: :LOL:

Sorry I know Tony is an expert. You see I don't know anything about this so me calling TONY a plumber is just a mistake. Tony is the best and a very polite man. I know he is not a plumber but a boiler engineer, it's my fault sorry..i'm in touch with him and hopefully he is coming down again in the very near future...

The first time he was around he changed the pilot injector and it seems fine but has started again since then. It's getting on my nerves.

Please do make some suggestions if possible..

thx you

Sorry, but I have only just chanced on this thread as pilot light problems are so common that I dont read them all.

To allay anyone's fears, I think that I am ( mostly ) human.

To explain the technical aspects to the CORGIs. This is a typical installation which is NTS ( Not to Current Standards ) and has been refused by BG for their insurance contract!

The ventilation comes from a single vent to the outside at higher level which is only about 300 mm from the neighbours fence. The flue is a shorter vertical one about 2 m in total.

To make matters worse, the door to the boiler compartment is louvered to the inside of the house. As a result the boiler is subjected to varying pressures across the inlet depending on wind flows.

BG and I have explained to the client that he should have high and low level vents and the internal door should be sealed. But he does not want to have the expense involved as he is minded to replace the boiler within a year or two.

On my visit I cleaned the burners and pilot assembly and replaced the thermocouple.

We have had some VERY high wind speed gusts in London lately and in the circumstances I am surprised that it is staying on as long as it does taking into account the incorrect ventilation.

At the moment I do not see there is anything that I can do if he does not want to bear the expense of correcting the ventilation.

But, as always, I am happy to hear of any suggestions!

Tony

Thx you for your reply. I want to add something. It has been refused by BG because they asked me to put a lower vent. I dont know how much this will cost me because the boiler has to be removed and then the vent placed. I am thinking of changing the boiler in the summer, most probably Sept..so i think it will be a waste of money to go and put a vent.

Secondly I never had a pilot problem for the past 4 years. I only had a problem with the pump. So i think it is not the flue nor the position of the boiler but like i said i am not an expert so that's why i was posting the message.

With all due respect to you Tony, I sincerely didn't mean harm by posting the message. If i did, I'm sorry...

I do need help like I said. It was not happening for the past 4 years that i have been in the house. Please do keep posting your comments.

thx you once again Tony,
parvez

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back