Pilot Light On But Boiler Won't Fire Up (Vokera)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Vokera 20-80 SP Flowmatic, and I cannot seem to get the boiler to fire up, even though the pilot light is on, and I think I can hear the pump going (it sounds louder anyway). Have tried having the boiler on "Constant" and using hot taps but it just doesn't light.

I had actually just topped up the water pressure and then it stopped working :confused:. The pressure is sitting just below 1.5 and doesn't exceed 1.5, so I don't think that's really the problem, but it was working before I topped it up!

Here is a pic of the valves underneath the boiler, just in case there's anything that I have accidently closed off or such... http://www.thewhiskyworks.com/boiler.jpg

The strip on the back reads, from left to right -
Return Safety Valve (In Front of Heating Return)
Heating
Flow
Gas Inlet
How Water
Cold Water

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Ralph

Sponsored Links
There is a flow switch which detects when the pump is running. You can operate it manually to prove it.

Located at the back and to the left, be carefull though as most connections are 240v!

Maybe worth getting someone round to give it a proper service which would probably solve your problem.

Look under the boiler just above the red isolation tap from the left.

If you look up there with a torch you will find the boiler flow switch.
(small electrical switch fastened to a brass housing)

Can you see a small pin going in and out when you turn the boiler on/off?

Lets us know that bit first.

rob884 said:
Maybe worth getting someone round to give it a proper service which would probably solve your problem.

Did you not notice that he is in Glasgow ???

He is lucky enough to have DP just down the road and this model is his all time favourite!!!

Just look for Rannoch Services in local books and Danny will have it all sorted out in a jiff!

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the speedy replies!

right, i've found the flow switch and it does go in/out when i turn the boiler on and off.

thanks for the tip regarding danny at rannoch services! if we can't get this sorted by ourselves i'm sure we'll be giving him a buzz!

You need to know if the fan goes to high speed next but going in there is not really DIY.

Has it been serviced in the last decade?

we moved in to the flat last august and it hasn't been serviced since we've been here, so anything before last august i'm unsure of.

looks like it's going to need a good service doesn't it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back