pilot light on optima 701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello my pilot light has gone out on my combi boiler the hot water or central heating will not work. all led checks carried out and okay relay switches are working and moving to the correct position. Hower supply is not getting to the ignition transformer any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont fully understand what you are trying to say!

If the pilot light is out then the boiler is not going to advance to the stage of firing up!

Pwerhaps you need a competent CORGI ?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thankyou for you comment! okay my wording may not have been correct and i also realise that without the pilot light it will not advance to next stage but the question was there is no supply gettingto the ignition transformer any idea's.

Thanks once again for your comments

I cannot remember exactly what the m.o. of that boiler is and I suspect that you are confusing me with some of your terminology!

Can you send me or post a link to the MI for that boiler then I can look and see how it works.

Tony

Sponsored Links
when you push in the button on the gas valve there is a little switch to tell boiler to start fan and spark!

I had one on sat that the switch was not being made hance no ignition sequence.

When you push in the button does the fan start??

I once went to one of that type where the bottom of the plastic gas valve knob had broken for no obvious reason.

I sorted it out by gluing a bit of something on the knob to operate the switch.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back