PILOT LIGHT

Sponsored Links
saujohn1976 said:
I've got a combi boiler but not sure how to ignite the pilot light

What Kev is saying saujohn1976 is,

Its impossible to help you unless you state what the make, model, type etc of Combi Boiler you have.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - from what i can make out - it's a Worcester 9.24 electronic BF. Have got the pilot light going by holding down a grey button for 20 secs and igniting it with a red button. The only problem is that as soon as i turn on a hot water tap, the pilot light goes out.

maybe the pilot injector is partially blocked giving a weak pilot,not that i think you should attept a repair . Diagnostics are easier when present.

saujohn1976,

It may be a blocked pilot. But a word of warning. bab is right, as is stated many times on this site, you should NOT attempt to repair it yourself. It would involve interrupting the gas supply. Doing so could not only endanger yourself, others and your property but should anything go wrong.... don't be surprised when your Insurers say, 'Only a registered gas engineer is allowed to work on gas. You shouldn't have touched it. We aren't paying for your house to be rebuilt'!!!!

Get a Corgi. Try to get someone recommended... Being qualified and registered isn't a guarantee of ability to fault find and/or have integrity! But it does mean you 'did the right thing' by getting a qualified, registered engineer and if something should go wrong, your house insurance is still valid!

Sorry to be so dramatic but gas explosions are VERY dramatic!!! :eek:

Unfortunately I don't know of any Corgi's in your neck of the woods.

saujohn1976 said:
No more smart ideas then?? not even from you smart alec aka kev plumbob
Not the recommended way to get someone on your side. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more Blasphemous, all insurers will look for any reason not to pay out, but they are all eager to take our money.

But what good is any property if you are not around to live in it, Gas can be very dangerous.

semi-acoustic said:
all insurers will look for any reason not to pay out, but they are all eager to take our money.
FFS - what kind of bitter and twisted nonsense is this? Insurers are in business to make a profit; do you begrudge them that?

How else can they make a profit other than do their best to pay out less than they take in, and with all the dishonest millions of people in this country submitting false claims, is it any wonder that they try very hard to find reasons for not paying?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back