PIR light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I'd really appreciate your help. I have a PIR light located outside (instructions lost!). The problem is that the light is activated and comes on during the day and night, abd I want it activated after dusk only. There are 2 small dials at the botton of the unit. One for the time the light stays on when activated, and the other has a sun and moon symbol. I assume this needs to be adjusted, but I'm not sure of the exact procedure. I've tried various permutations, but still no succuss.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn it to the extreme that causes the light to be OFF in daylight.

When it gets dusk, to the point you wish the light to become operational, turn the dial back until the light switches on.

Thanks Steve,
I've tried that, but no joy! When the light comes on during the day, or when its still quite light, I've adjusted the dial to both extremes, and it still comes on again. I'm not sure if I need to switch it off/on, but tried that too!

Is this a new light fitting? They sometimes have a sticker or bit of foam over the photocell in order that the light cam be commissioned in daylight. Look for the photocell (on the back or somewhere near the PIR) and check its not obscured.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately problem persisted. Gave up and fitted new unit. All appears to be in working order - fingers crossed!!
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back