PIR with EOL resistors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this has been asked before but I have checked and can't find the answer elsewhere......

I am installing a Scantronic 9651 board and 420 PIRs. In the installation guide for the board it explains clearly how to wire the PIRs as FSL with EOL resistors so that you can tell which is the problem if the wire is tampered with. Seems pretty simple....one is across the alarm contacts and the other in series to the other tamper contacts.

However on the PIR manual it shows a connection to one of the alarm contacts on the PIR then the resistor between the other contact and an EOL contact. No mention of the other resistor.....

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a diagram which shows how it should be wired with both resistors and the EOL contact.....or an explanation?

thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Easiest things here is to twist 2 of the resistors legs together giving you a 3 legged resistor.

The 4k7 resistor is connected across the alarm contact and the 3rd leg of the resistor goes to the 1st tamper terminal, the cables, 1st terminal of the alarm contact (with one leg of the resistor) the other cable in the 2nd terminal of the tamper circuit (no resistor).

[code:1]
4k7 2k2
__OO_____OO___
I II I
---------------------------------
ALARM ALARM TAMP TAMP
---------------------------------
I I
I I
I I
I cables to zone I

[/code:1]

TheAlarmMan";p="2557881 said:
Easiest things here is to twist 2 of the resistors legs together giving you a 3 legged resistor.

The 4k7 resistor is connected across the alarm contact and the 3rd leg of the resistor goes to the 1st tamper terminal, the cables, 1st terminal of the alarm contact (with one leg of the resistor) the other cable in the 2nd terminal of the tamper circuit (no resistor).

That's great thanks.....it's how I had wired them.....then I realised the PIRs had an EOL terminal....which is feeling a bit left out.....should I care!?

Jim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back