Wiring a door contact with EOL resistors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a Texecom Excel panel with EOL resistors (10k & 22k). As far as wiring in the PIRs I'm ok, but not so sure when it comes to wiring in a door contact.
One core will go to one side of the alarm terminal in which there is also one leg of the 22k resistor. The other leg of the 22k resistor is soldered to the 10k and both go in to the other alarm terminal.
The other leg of the 10k is then soldered to the remaining core.
Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
taken from the sticky in uk electrics (there was no alarm foum then)

28 ) ALARM CONTACT WITH RESISTORS

This is for alarms that use resistors. Most common alarm panels do NOT use resistors.

contact2.jpg

This shows a a surface contact with a shunt resistor in this configuration there is more than one door on the circuit. The resistor is connected to the two silver screws, along with the wires.

contact3.jpg

This shows a surface contact with shunt and End Of Line resistors*
This configuration is used for the last door in the circuit, OR if there is only the one door in the circuit.

NEVER use a door contact on the same circuit as a movement detector.

Movement sensors must always be on their own circuit.

This is my choice of colours for the wires. Once you have chosen your colours, stick to them to avoid confusion.

Detectors are wired in a similar way. The silver screws will be alarm or N C & C. The green wire will go into ONE T terminal.

The resistor (that the green is connected to in my case) will go into the other T terminal.

Thanks for your replies guys, that's very helpful. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
taken from the sticky in uk electrics (there was no alarm foum then)

28 ) ALARM CONTACT WITH RESISTORS

This is for alarms that use resistors. Most common alarm panels do NOT use resistors.

contact2.jpg

This shows a a surface contact with a shunt resistor in this configuration there is more than one door on the circuit. The resistor is connected to the two silver screws, along with the wires.

contact3.jpg

This shows a surface contact with shunt and End Of Line resistors*
This configuration is used for the last door in the circuit, OR if there is only the one door in the circuit.

NEVER use a door contact on the same circuit as a movement detector.

Movement sensors must always be on their own circuit.

This is my choice of colours for the wires. Once you have chosen your colours, stick to them to avoid confusion.

Detectors are wired in a similar way. The silver screws will be alarm or N C & C. The green wire will go into ONE T terminal.

The resistor (that the green is connected to in my case) will go into the other T terminal.

its usual on a G1 contact to to run the circuit resister on the other side of the contact board - stops shorts, breaks etc

I have to agree, but if i did that you would not see the resistors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back