Planning say I need Structural engineer calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently had my architects drawings checked by Coatbridge council planning office and they say I need Structural engineer calculations to be done before they can pass for a building warrant.
I have asked about and I'm getting quotes from £250 for drawings and up to £800 for drawings with SER certificate.
Planning have told me that if I supply without SER they have to send it away to be checked and this can take up to 6 weeks.

Don't know what is the best way to go and what price should I be paying for calcs to be done for a single story sunroom?

Sponsored Links
They never mentioned, probably roof and at the front there will be 12ft bifold doors going in, so I suppose the roof will be resting on the opening.

If you can afford those flippin' doors you can afford an SE.

Sponsored Links
They never mentioned,

Hmmmm, does anyone else sense a bit of a problem with this :rolleyes: :LOL:

You're looking at typically £100/hour or per beam/column etc for an engineer, but you really do need to find out exactly what needs to be done

Ask your designer/plan drawer ... something like "What the hell have I paid you for?"

Assuming this is building control rather than planning, then they would have issued a letter asking for something like Part A calculations.. which will list what calcs they want for what.. even if it is for the geometric theory of gravitation.

£100/hr at top wack maybe..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back