Plasterboard sits proud of frame...but its not that simple..

It should never have been attempted until it was clear what the strategy was. Who in their right mind would plaster something and leave it in mid-air?

You don't start a job without thinking it through.

Sponsored Links
Apologises. I took all of the old plaster off and the plasterers came in and dab and boarded and skimmed in order to get a good finish.

Ive just took a few pics and hope these help explain.

Looking at pic #1, it also looks mighty shiny and may have been overpolished.
If you plan to paint rather than wallpaper - I'd have a look at painting a bit of it with a mist coat sooner rather than later, to test how well the paint will stick.

It should never have been attempted until it was clear what the strategy was. Who in their right mind would plaster something and leave it in mid-air?

Thanks for your reply jo but what do you mean by mid air? In your experience then Joe what should be my next move?

Apologises. I took all of the old plaster off and the plasterers came in and dab and boarded and skimmed in order to get a good finish.

Ive just took a few pics and hope these help explain.

Looking at pic #1, it also looks mighty shiny and may have been overpolished.
If you plan to paint rather than wallpaper - I'd have a look at painting a bit of it with a mist coat sooner rather thaDn later, to test how well the paint will stick.

Hi newbee,

I was planning to whack a 50/50 mis-coat on as soon as its dried out, was only finished Wednesday. We are planning on painting these walls but won't be doing it without the mis-coat first.

Sponsored Links

Thanks for your reply jo but what do you mean by mid air? In your experience then Joe what should be my next move?

Tack some timber on and get them back to plaster up to it.

I'd agree, pick your proudest point, then get timber as close to 3mm wider than this as you can. (PAR) You'llneed to glue and pin this on, it is a finished item.

Get them back to put it right, don't take as excuses . As joe said above, they should not have started this at all.

( Aside to joe - just cos they were Brits, doesn't mean all Brits are chancers :LOL: :LOL: )

Many are these days - anything seems to go out there. We need a licensing scheme.

I'd agree, pick your proudest point, then get timber as close to 3mm wider than this as you can. (PAR) You'llneed to glue and pin this on, it is a finished item.

Get them back to put it right, don't take as excuses . As joe said above, they should not have started this at all.

( Aside to joe - just cos they were Brits, doesn't mean all Brits are chancers :LOL: :LOL: )

Micilin/joe, thanks for your replies, genuinely appreciated guys, thank you both.

Just one last question though, why would the timber I fit be 3mm wider?

What you should have done was either glue & fix plants to the existing casings or fit completely new wider casings for the plasterers to plaster to.

What your plasterers should have done is advise you of this.

The world is bonkers i tell you, bonkers!

All in all, it shows the benefits of having a float and set instead of dd & skim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back