plasterboard without the need for skimming?

We didn't have to worry too much about this sort of thing in the 'good' old days of Artex............ :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I would personally strip the wall paper off, replace what part of the ceiling that needs to be replaced, providing remainder of ceiling is in good, sound condition.
Then skim the whole lot.

I would do the same with one small exception - I would have a plasterer to skim the whole lot as I can't do this myself :) But the OP doesn't want any skimming.

But the OP doesn't want any skimming.
The OP want's pre-plastered plasterboards, so until someone comes up with such a thing, we are struggling.
I doubt very much that a novice/virgin tape jointer, would make a good job of a ceiling first time round.
Nothing against them having a go, that's what this site is about, encouraging DIY. (well I hope it is)
But I would not encourage someone to make a mess of there landing ceiling, if it was a garage ceiling or even a box or attic room fair dos.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back