plastering before tileing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to tile the wall around my bath prior to having a shower fitted over the bath. Some of the plaster had blown which I have taken off and re-done. How long do I need to leave it to dry before I can tile over it?
I have read in some places that you need to leave it for up to 3 months - do I need to leave it that long - I really want the shower fitted before Xmas !!

Sponsored Links
You need to fit a tanking system if you got a shower above the bath...

Weird...I'm having a de ja vue moment here...tutut....

thanks for that, will have to look into tanking

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry, how long do I need to leave the plaster to dry before I can apply the tanking ? Also can tanking be applied over painted walls

please note 10a

Sponsored Links
Leaving plaster to dry is a case of the longer you leave it the greater the bond strength. 2 weeks are better than one etc. 4 weeks is the correct length of time. With regards to tanking onto paint, the paint should be removed before tiling anyway so remove it before tanking.

Ty :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back