Plastering

carryoncamping said:
I went on a 5 day bricklaying course (which was excellent). They also had a Plastering course running at the same time so I had a look at the work the guys were doing. It was very good and most had never done it before. They (the students) recommended I take the course when ready.

This is who I went with.
http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, i've looked at there website and it looks quite promising,and affordable.
They also have a training centre in Crawley, which is about 40minutes drive from where i live, definately gonna give it a go.

Sponsored Links
One thing i would ask the various training bodies whilst enquiring about a plastering course is how big the bay is.

I have seen plastering courses where 2 guys are sharing 1 bay each with an 8x4 sheet to plaster board. In my experiance, that is NOT enough to give you the experiance you need to complete a full wall let alone a room.

You may feel, "Wow that was awesome" But once you start a full wall and work at the rate you were learnt, I think you will end up with a tub of hard plaster with your float permanantly stuck in it :)

Just my thoughts, Ok carry on now...

Ronnieboy.....if you need some doing @ a reasonable cost ........give us an e-mail ....it`s in my profile .....my son`s doing it ;) we`re East of CrawleyGood Luck with your course .we`re going on one for Venetian plastering after Christmas..hope to do a few bathrooms or halls with it .looks really good in the pictures on the net...PS there`s another trainer near Eastbourne...depends where you are in 40mins radius of Crawley :LOL:

Nige F said:
Ronnieboy.....if you need some doing @ a reasonable cost ........give us an e-mail ....it`s in my profile .....my son`s doing it ;) we`re East of CrawleyGood Luck with your course .we`re going on one for Venetian plastering after Christmas..hope to do a few bathrooms or halls with it .looks really good in the pictures on the net...PS there`s another trainer near Eastbourne...depends where you are in 40mins radius of Crawley :LOL:

Thanks Nige, i've also found a course in Brighton which is even better as i live just outside Worthing. You get your own work bay too by the look of it.
What is Venetian plastering by the way ?

Sponsored Links
I have read through these posts and would like to point out that I did a 10 day plastering course two years ago. Never lifted a trowel before prior to course. Now full time and loving every minute of it. Learnt from the best training school around, in essex known as goldtrowel. Why them because I visited all the rest and in my opionon they delivered the course very professionally and knew what they were talking about, the sizi of all individual bays are about 14 by 12 ft They have helped me out with there customer support many times, so the answer is yes if you want to do it and with a bit of hard work anything is possible. All the best for the new year, happy spreading. As for polished plaster they have the lead in this field.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back