PLEASE Help Me !!!!!!

u did fit them on the hot pipework? No piont on putting on the cold. & ur sure there nrv. (single check non return valves) no slots to turn the water off on them. ya cylinder was changed ? which made no difference.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you've fitted the non-return valves the right way around?

Yes , all 3 fitted with arrow pointing the direction of the water flow in.

Is the feeling that these valves should have sorted my problem ?

u did fit them on the hot pipework? No piont on putting on the cold. & ur sure there nrv. (single check non return valves) no slots to turn the water off on them. ya cylinder was changed ? which made no difference.
I have already had a new ball crane and a brand new hot water cylinder (with thermostat) fittednand none made any difference.

I have now fitted a NRV to each hot water feed on the mixer tap.

The valves are 100 non return valves (with no slot) and they are fitted the correct way with the arrow pointing in the direction of the incoming water flow.

as this is a long post i may of missed an odd point. it is the larger of the two tanks in the loft thats overflowing.& when it is overflowing the cold feed out of the bottom of the tank warms up if the cylinder is hot.

Sponsored Links
as this is a long post i may of missed an odd point. it is the larger of the two tanks in the loft thats overflowing.& when it is overflowing the cold feed out of the bottom of the tank warms up if the cylinder is hot.
It is the large water storage tank in the loft that is overflowing.

It does it pretty much throughout the day ie. at no specific times.

The water in the storage tank was luke warm before the new cylinder was fitted but the water now is cold but it is still overflowing.

I have tried it with my heating on and off and also my timed hot water on and off.

Nothing makes any difference except the obvious decision to run the hot water which takes the water level down but this only lasts a short while.

Not wanting to state the whats allready been said but u have to be getting mains cold into the hotwater pipework some where.This can happen if the heating tank isthe higher o the two & cylinder coil fails but ya new clyinder should of cured that, Can u think of any where in the house where the hot & cold r connected together some way. True mixer taps only backflow alittle when turned on & not when turned off as any leak would drip out of the spout. Sure theres not a blender valve under the bath.?

Not wanting to state the whats allready been said but u have to be getting mains cold into the hotwater pipework some where.This can happen if the heating tank isthe higher o the two & cylinder coil fails but ya new clyinder should of cured that, Can u think of any where in the house where the hot & cold r connected together some way. True mixer taps only backflow alittle when turned on & not when turned off as any leak would drip out of the spout. Sure theres not a blender valve under the bath.?
Forgive my ignorance , as I am not a plumber , but what is a blender valve and what is its purpose ?

If u have very hot hot water & want to control its temperature before outlets .its like a large T with an adj/ knob on the top to adjust temp. Fitted mainly in nursing homes , hospitals & schools to prevent scalding. Have fitted in domestic houses when AGAs over heat water during the day so not to damage fittings such as shower pumps etc. Its a long shot but some where u must have a cross over of higher pressure than the hot.Ca u post a pic of ya cylinder cupboard. Its not easy from behind a screen if plumbers on site cant sort it.

If u have very hot hot water & want to control its temperature before outlets .its like a large T with an adj/ knob on the top to adjust temp. Fitted mainly in nursing homes , hospitals & schools to prevent scalding. Have fitted in domestic houses when AGAs over heat water during the day so not to damage fittings such as shower pumps etc. Its a long shot but some where u must have a cross over of higher pressure than the hot.Ca u post a pic of ya cylinder cupboard. Its not easy from behind a screen if plumbers on site cant sort it.

Sure :

6xh3yut.jpg

Nice cylinder, shame the AAV is in the wrong place :rolleyes:

Turn the cold washing machine valve off and see if it makes a difference.

List all the appliances that have mains cold.

if you have a blending valve it will look something like this

blendingvalve.jpg

Nice cylinder, shame the AAV is in the wrong place :rolleyes:

Turn the cold washing machine valve off and see if it makes a difference.

Whats the AAV valve , what does it do and where should it be ?

Also , I only have a cold water supply to my washing machine (which is in my garage outside).

Finally , when you say turn the cold washing machine valve off , i trust you mean the isolating valve at the back of the washing machine ?

If this helps , what would be the remedy ?

If it hasn't got a hot don't bother.

Have you got local isolating valve on all the taps, if so turn the cold off on each one and test seperately.

The AAV, auto air vent, that round thing with the black knob, should be on the highest part of the pipe work to vent the primary flow

All mains cold fed are :

Bath
Bathroom tap
Kitchen tap
Dishwasher
Washing machine (in outside garage)
Sink (in outside garage)
Outside tap (for garden)

Ok so which of these has a hot and which are mixer taps.

Look under the sink/basin for a blender valve, it will have three pipes going to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back