PLEASE Help Me !!!!!!

Looking at you pic I see no cold feed and vent, is the boiler a sealed system or do you have a small header tank in the loft.

What is the make and model of the boiler.

Has any work been done prior to the problem starting

Sponsored Links
List all the appliances that have mains cold.

All mains cold fed are :

Bath - hot & mixer
Bathroom tap - hot & mixer
Kitchen tap - hot & mixer
Sink (in outside garage) - hot feed but not a mixer

Ok so which of these has a hot and which are mixer taps.

Look under the sink/basin for a blender valve, it will have three pipes going to it - I cant find a blender valve under any sink or basin

Looking at you pic I see no cold feed and vent, is the boiler a sealed system or do you have a small header tank in the loft.

What is the make and model of the boiler.

Has any work been done prior to the problem starting

The boiler is a MYSON Apollo Fanfare and has a small header tank in the loft , which sits at the same height next to the main cold water storage tank.

The problem started out of the blue without any prior work being carried out.

Ok time to take the bath panel off and fit a check valve on the hot pipe, as I said if you have isolating valves turn each one off in turn until the overflow stops

Sponsored Links
Ok time to take the bath panel off and fit a check valve on the hot pipe, as I said if you have isolating valves turn each one off in turn until the overflow stops
The bath panel has been tiled over (but can still be removed) but this will be a bugger to do so.

Before I do this , can you confirm what you mean about turning off each isolating valve seperately until the overflow stops ?

Have I to turn off each one individually with the water overflowing and if the water stops , that is where the problem lies ?

or have I got this wrong ?

Yes you read it right.

Turn them off one at a time a see if the overflowing water stops, give each one say 15 mins.

As you have fitted check valve to the other outlets, it more or less going to be the bath though

Yes you read it right.

Turn them off one at a time a see if the overflowing water stops, give each one say 15 mins.

As you have fitted check valve to the other outlets, it more or less going to be the bath though

OK , before I remove the bath panel , I will try each of the cold water valves later tonight and report back tomorrow teatime.

Don't know if we can wait that long the suspense is killing :LOL:

MOve them pipes in the airing cupboard sometime:
moved1.jpg

Spot the difference between your pic and the manipulated one :LOL:

Clue the one with the Motorizes valve on.

Afore you go ripping the bath panel off, check that it does have mains cold going to it, not cold from the loft tank!
You can check by trying to stop them each in turn. You should find you can stop the hot easily, but not mains cold.

And a thought - it's going to be easier to get to the pipes in the airing cupboard to add a NRV to the hot downpipe. Never seen it done so I may be having a dippy moment...?

Afore you go ripping the bath panel off, check that it does have mains cold going to it, not cold from the loft tank!
You can check by trying to stop them each in turn. You should find you can stop the hot easily, but not mains cold.

And a thought - it's going to be easier to get to the pipes in the airing cupboard to add a NRV to the hot downpipe. Never seen it done so I may be having a dippy moment...?

Definately mains to the bath mixer.

As for the NRV in the airing cupboard , I thought about this as well as fitting one to the pipe feed to the bath mixer in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back