Please help RT500RF

Awt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am.hoping some one could help me in regards to my problem

I have recently changed my standard honeywell thermostat with a salus rt500rf unit so that I can use it upstairs wirelessly.

Now that I am not technical and also first time exp with this please excuse my stupidity.

I have uploaded a pic of the wiring which I have done for the salis unit. I dont know what I have done wrong as there is no green ligh or red light and there is no connection.between the wireless unit .
I can just switch on and off heating via the main unit switch.

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_180951.jpg
    IMG_20171006_180951.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
From your photo, that end looks OK (apart from using an earth wire as a live conductor) assuming of course, that the wires are terminated properly at the other end of the cable

If the heating switches on OK using the grey switch, then the live side of the wiring seems OK. You are getting a live to the Salus and it is being switched out to the boiler. So I would check the neutral connection carefully at both end of the cable. Make sure that the wires are terminated properly and that the screws are connected to the conductor and not the insulation.

If you have a multimeter check that there is 230v present at the Salus L and N terminals. If there is, and the receivers red light isn't on, when the grey switch is on, then you have a faulty receiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back