PLEASE HELP - SUPPORT POLES IN MY HOME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are first time buyers and have been to view a bungalow. However, we have a concern about the property. At the front and the back of the house, just before the window frame, there is a support pole from the floor to the cieling. We have asked the neighbours about it and most of them have had theres removed and had no problem. They say the bungalows were built by mcleans in the 60's and the building regulations say that due to the large size of the window frames, they had to have these poles in. I want to know if anyone has came across this and has any advice as I love this property, however, want these poles removed!I
I really hope this makes sense to someone!

Gemma and Laurence

Sponsored Links
I have asked the neighbours, but I was just after proffessional advice, as the neighbours said the window fitters removed the poles when they had new windows fitted. Even though the neighbours have had theres removed and there has been no problems I am just after peace of mind and wondering if it is correct about what they have told us about the building regs in the 60's?

Gemma

Then you need to provide some more info, what if anything are the windows supporting, photos etc etc. I wouldn't trust a window fitter to remove a support pole but if your neighbours houses are still standing then you prob can but for a professional answer you need to provide some more info.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a picture. Its not clear where these poles are or what they are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back