Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Kerosene oil for sale as I'm moving home and I don't know where I can sell it........I've asked the company I bought it from but they don't buy it back.

I've asked the neighbours but to no avail..........

....the other problem I have is that the company are coming out tomorrow morning (Friday 6th August) to syphon the oil....??????

Sponsored Links
how can they siphon it if they haven't purchased it? it's yours.. tell them to bugger off or pay for it if they want it back..

are you so tight that you're not leaving the next owner half a tank for their use? ( presumably this is for cooking / heating ? )

Bit harsh Col without knowing all the facts.
The poor girl may have ¾ of a tank full which is quite a few quids worth. Would you just leave it for the next owner?
Unless this has been a sudden move you should have negotiated with the buyers to purchase the oil off you. Your solicitor should have been able to arrange this for you.
Try putting an appeal out on local radio stating that buyer must collect. Even if you sell it at ½ market value you will at least get something for it. Put an advert in the local free press and shop windows. Obviously it will depend on how long it is before you move but don't let the supplier take it back for nothing, unless of course you pay for it in arrears in which case it is technically still theirs and you shouldn't be selling it.

Rearrange the collection date to give yourself more time. Call them in morning and say you will not be in today, can you call back Monday.

If they refuse, ask them how are they going to get the oil without trespassing, assuming the tank is on your land.

Sponsored Links
You asked the company that supplied the oil to buy it back, and they said no, but will steal it back after you bought it?

So either you are pulling a fast one, selling oil that doesn't belong to you.

Or the oil company are reclaiming what belongs to them? Why would they syphon it off?

Or you are selling out the new owners of the property, as they expect fixtures and fittings, and expect a tank of oil to heat their new home, but this wasn't drawn up by the solicitor. I've got some expensive light fittings in my home, and I'd take them to my new home, if I moved. But I wouldn't sell out, and leave bare wires, I'd install a light. So draining the tank, leaves the new owners with no heat.

Are you selling or is this reposession?

The other problem I have is that the company are coming out tomorrow morning (Friday 6th August) to syphon the oil....??????

Why would they syphon the oil or is it that you have not paid them for it :?: :confused:

Is this a wind up :rolleyes:

, Esso Blue ? A lad in Pink - saw one @ Pride in Brighton. Leave the oil behind like the paraffinalia in the shed, for the next owner :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back