Please people considering instant water heaters read this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It never ceases toamaiseme the impatience of people with instant water heaters ofwhatever form.

In the autum we get stressed beyond belief by such people.

Only came to mind because we are having new gas main and you would think it was the end of the world for my lodger underneath with a Brittony IIt and my neighbour with a combi.

Please if you want the space saving convenience of instant water be prepared and stop belly aching you lot are worse than those ungrateful moaning sados on big brother.

When I was under 10 my grandad put as many recepticles on stove as he couldfit andI was washed in front of the fire. The rest of the family gotin the tin bath after i went to bed.

Get a life you some parts of the world while you are planning your next foreign holiday sat in front of your rediculously oversized tv with an unfocussed washed out picture have carry dirty water which sustains their life on their heads.

Stop groaning at the slightest thing.

Sponsored Links
What are you bellyaching about paul?
LIFE, I think.
It's got to him.

Don't think about it Paul, if you just rush around like the idiots, you don't have time to worry.

Had a customer in tears the other day because of a hidden leak under her floor.
"It's the worst thing that's ever happened to me"
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Lucky cow!

ChrisR";p="958533 said:
Lucky cow!

sums up my point beautifully

people who thrive on dramatising and moaning about aminor thing like interrupted hot water supply are a waste of the planets resources.

People who have reached that level of existence would have kill the backbone of what made this country what it was if it wearn;t already a forgotten memory.

Sponsored Links
We had a call the other day to a housing association customer, she was crying down the phone that her combi wasn't working. Screaming at the scheduler etc.

When I get there she has a electric shower, no bath, gas fires and a kettle. Was so upset she couldn't get hot water to wash the dishes, washing machine was cold fill as well.

I asked if she ever thought of boiling the kettle to wash the dishes and she looked at me like I was crazy.

James

Years ago I got called to an emergency at a ground floor flat in a block of flats. Long story short but it was a Friday afternoon and some plumbers had repaired a burst pipe on the first floor but when they had turned off the mains to carry out the repair the punter on the second floor came home and turned on the cold water tap at the wash basin and discovered there was none so they went out leaving the basin tap turned on.

By the time I got there at about six PM the ground floor house is in a little bit of a mess as in ruined with water pouring through the ceiling at an alarming rate but there's no one in above and the second floor punter is still out so I decide to turn off the water and cap the rising main in the ground floor flat leaving the bottom flat and the other side of the building with mains water until access can be had to the two flats above.

Started knocking all of the doors in the building to inform the punters of the situation ,bird on the top floor opens the door in a dressing gown and when I tell her the water is going off and the reason she totally flips,says she's going out and has to have a bath and so on but I try to explain that the downstairs nieghbour's flat is under about four inches of water but still she rants on and on and isn't interested.

Ended up just turning off the water to the whole building and left the stupid bint to it after informing the entire building that top flat bint didn't want the water turned off until she'd had her bath :LOL:

Paul Barker";p="958582 said:
Lucky cow!

sums up my point beautifully

people who thrive on dramatising and moaning about aminor thing like interrupted hot water supply are a waste of the planets resources.

People who have reached that level of existence would have kill the backbone of what made this country what it was if it wearn;t already a forgotten memory.

Sadly our over protective HSE rules and regs now prevent these people from being sucked in to particularly nasty pieces of machinery through their own stupidity and they now breed like crazy watering down the gene pool as they do

[

Sadly our over protective HSE rules and regs now prevent these people from being sucked in to particularly nasty pieces of machinery through their own stupidity and they now breed like crazy watering down the gene pool as they do

Your geting into the spirit.

One day Paul. I'll explain my idea of introducing Brazilian style death squads to deal with these types..Inspectors, middle management, numpties who sit in offices trying to justify their own existence are also prime targets

Think of the carbon dioxide saving......

my latest pet hate is all corporations with telesales which is in effect all corporations.

Ahh Paul welcome to the muppet nation, and yes they do now run the world :rolleyes:

aaaah reading this has made me smile thought i was the only one who sufferd from there hands :LOL:

Telesales???????!!!! :mad:

Hello, its paul from crapola. How are you today

What are you selling?

Oh no sir, I'm not selling.. I'm calling to day to inform you of...

I'll stop you there.. You want me to give you money for your services.. therefore you are selling something... Why would I give my money to someone who has lied to me withing 30 seconds of first contact.. Good bye.

Or

Hello, its Paul from Crapola. How are you today?

Hi Paul, is it air conditioning or gas heating that you are interested in?

Errr welll..errm both...

Good... Do you need service or a new install?

Errm well I'd like to talk to you about this great deal on your telephone..

But I don't do telephones, I do heating and air conditioning, so how can I help you?

But I'd like to discuss your telephone..

But I have a telephone and as you can hear it works very well indeed.. would you like me to come out and survey your site?

That would be good because we don't have air conditioning.. but would you like to save money on your phone?

Not really because I have too much money and I love wasting it

You love wasting money? Can I come and work for you?

What can you bring to my company?

I can sell!

Believe me ... you cant.. Good bye

I have dozens of them.. Even had one numpty threaten to report me to his director for asking him to slash his wrists live on the telephone because he was a pointless oxygen thief with no reason to live.

Even had one telesales company foolish enough to send their telephone number... I phoned them several times a day for a week asking them If I could come and fix their boiler and aked them how they liked a pain in the arse phoning them demanding that they stop what they are doing and talk to me about a service that they didn't want. The number was disconnected eventually..... I HATE telesales

Last night my son was crying because he didn't want to go to a sleepover. Transpires they have heating on day and night even now.

Our heating at home has been turned off for months day and night not even on the stat properly off. Before we make the momentous decision to turn it on in the autumn (actually my wife decides I have to wear my coat until she decrees heating can go on and then 18 it always below the 20 degrees position.) we have all started dressing up warmly for the timeofyearand remain warmly dressed at home.

My point is nobody seems to allow their bodies to aclimatise.

And my second point (from my former life reading economics at hull in the 70's and studying sociology in nurse deploma) )is there is such a thing as poverty caused by ignorance.

The woman whose house is hot this time of year because she has her heating on day and night is a single mum in the worst estate with masses of kids. I don't say this to talk down to her or to big myself. It demonstrates so well the poverty of ignorance argument.

I've been in pensioner's houses in the best part of the city I live in who have had the heating on full blast in the summer and all the while they are in the garden because they were on the warmfront scheme were they only paid about 30 bob a year for their gas.

I've been to other similar pensioners in the same area (average house price £350K) who had no heating for thirty years because 'I don't like a warm house' suddenly go all soft when the mention of free heating systems for the over 60s started to become available.

And then those same pensioners start moaning like f@ck when after three years the free baxi combi breaks down and requires a repair, 'I thought boilers lasted for years son? How much, to fix a three year old boiler?!?!!

:LOL: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back