Plug for new basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have ordered a new basin that I like for the bathroom ... but has no chain hole (and I like the traditional chain and plug) . I was wondering if it were possible to use a connection to maybe the overflow whereby I could connect a chain and plug... or if I should change the order to a 3 tap hole basin and find a way to connect the chain to the centre tap hole with some form of connector.

I was also wondering If a waste trap with a ` square` grill could be fitted to a shower tray (I think it would look nice) but I guess this is not possible.

I am most grateful in due course for any assistance or advices.

Sponsored Links
If you want a plug and chain then getting a basin with the requisite hole would be the best way................ ;)

Connect to the over flow? What sort of over flow? If it is a buit in overflow, with typically a slot then I can imagine the sort of fitting that might work, with soem sort of expansing bit , but I've never seen such a thing :) If it has a round hole then you used to get a sort grill cover that had a chain mounting on it. If it requires a piped waste you would be able to get behind, so might be able to mount it with some jiggery pokery.

don't want it looking like a bodge though. Personally I'd just use the sorts of wastes that it is designed for.

And no, you can fit a square grid into a round hole

Hi Galoka thank you for the reply. The sink has a round overflow hole. I have been looking about on the internet, and feel maybe the days of plug and chain are going down the drain (pun included) So I have decided to get the basin with three holes, one each for taps and centre one in centre for the mixer with pull up thing for the plug. Im suprised with the amount of choices of taps you can get nowadays. So I have found a nice option.
With regards to fitting square in a round hole, I guess it would be impossible as the grill would need to be flush. I did see one in a shop with a square grill today... but I didnt feel the grill was that flush against the tray. So I shall stick with the usual round one.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back