plug socket has stopped working

Hi all, just found the site and found it to be superb - great forum as well.

Can anyone help with a problem that has turned up tonight with a socket that seems to have stopped working. Basically I switched off the power to replace some sockets etc., after decorating but when I switched it back on one socket in a bedroom seems to have stopped working.

I say seems to have because there is enough power coming through to light up the fuse light (on an extension socket) but nothing more to power even a light bulb - plugged straight in to the socket. Strange thought that the other socket in the room (6 foot away) works fine!

I have replaced the socket plate (2 wires in to each connector) but still nothing. Any ideas as to what has happened?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers

Michael

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have bad connections at the sockets next to that one on the ring

this needs to be dealt with asap as it probablly means you have broken the ring which could be causing overload of cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back