Plumber wrecks house

Sponsored Links
should of been fined more, bloody idiot. feel sorry for the guy who it happend to, and also the knock on affect it has on all us other plumbers trying to do things right. :rolleyes:

should have been sent down, would have been if he was corgi registered what a farce

i couldnt get link to open, in the paper i read it said he used the wrong pipe, not being a plumber how can that cause an explosion, unless he used hosepipe.

would it not be a wrong / loose joint that caused the leak

Sponsored Links
breezer wrote
in the paper i read it said he used the wrong pipe, not being a plumber how can that cause an explosion, unless he used hosepipe.

it said he used a section of water pipe to convey gas, assume this may of been alcathine or hep2o :eek:

ah, you mean what i would call that blue plastic stuff, it is water tight but not gas tight?

clf_gas and breezer, as far as I could see in the linked articles, no mention was made about the material used for the old water pipe. If it does please let me know where it is, otherwise you are unjustified in making this assumption.

JB Gas said:
should have been sent down, would have been if he was corgi registered what a farce
Why a farce?

An incompetent RGI who caused such an incident would have committed a greater crime, because he should know better.

clf-gas said:
it said he used a section of water pipe to convey gas, assume this may of been alcathine or hep2o :eek:
Why assume anything? Ever?

There is nothing about the reused pipe material and it could easily have been made of copper.

If a copper pipe is in good condition and clean then why is it not suitable for gas?

Can anyone pinpoint a regulation prohibiting its use?

Tony

Martin admitted two health and safety breaches. He was fined £500 for not being registered with gas safety watchdog Corgi and £800 for re-using a section of water pipe to carry gas.

Correct it does not mention the material, its the line "£800 for re-using a section of water pipe to carry gas, if it was copper then there would'nt be an £800 fine :!: correct assumption :p

There is nothing about the reused pipe material and it could easily have been made of copper.

If a copper pipe is in good condition and clean then why is it not suitable for gas?

Can anyone pinpoint a regulation prohibiting its use?

Agree Tony, aint no reg on re-use of clean copper, so fine suggests it was something else.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 20:14 Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clf_gas and breezer, as far as I could see in the linked articles, no mention was made about the material used for the old water pipe. If it does please let me know where it is, otherwise you are unjustified in making this assumption.

As above oilman reading between the lines.

That Court case is rather odd!

He has only been prosecuted with what he did in the house he was working in.

He was NOT actually prosecuted for causing the explosion!

Tony

"He said that it was thought the explosion was caused as a result of a gas pipe which had been cut by Peters being left unsealed.

Following investigations by the defence it was shown there may have been other reasons for the accumulation of gas which had leaked out, causing the explosion.

As a result he said it was not appropriate to continue with the more serious charge against Martin, however it was right to continue with two other allegations."

All seems a bit odd.

Surely an uncapped gas pipe would be the main cause of a gas leak. Would like to know what the "other reasons" were/are

clf-gas said:

As above oilman reading between the lines.

If you are implying I was reading between the lines, I was not. No mention was mentioned in the quoted articles about the material used for the used water pipe. Any statement about what material was used for it could only be made by reading between the lines. Er......, by clf-gas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back