Police put their lives on the line..

Sponsored Links
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-18831263

This guy, an absolute hero... but doesn't get a mention on here...

He typifies what our police force stands for,,, willing to put his life on the line to protect a random...

Totally agree. This why we should have the utmost respect for our police officers. What they have to put up with and have to deal with are scenarios that beggar belief.

What a difference from Harwood in the Thomlinson case! Goes to prove that you can not tar all officers with the same brush.

deep sea trawlermen, commercial divers, window-cleaners and coal-miners risk their lives every day, and contribute to the quality of life of the rest of us. Lifeboatmen risk their lives to save others. So do firemen.

is it the amount of risk that you admire, or something else?

what we need to remember is the only police we normally notice are the very bad or very good

the 5% that are bad/not friendly or oficiais will stick in your mind for 2 reasons they are the ones chasing the minor offenders and getting on your nerves because off there attitude
so that tends to taint your veiw off the other 90% in between
you simply cannot form full and reasoned average on the small sample you come accross

Sponsored Links
what we need to remember is the only police we normally notice are the very bad or very good

the 5% that are bad/not friendly or oficiais will stick in your mind for 2 reasons they are the ones chasing the minor offenders and getting on your nerves because off there attitude
you simply cannot form full and reasoned average on the small sample you come accross

you are right in what you say, but I personally think that the police do a brilliant job on a whole and give all police the respect hey deserve!

you are right in what you say, but I personally think that the police do a brilliant job on a whole and give all police the respect hey deserve!
thats if they turn up ;)

thats if they turn up ;)

true but again we can only form an opinion on the ones we meet anything else is hearsay or conjecture

We have a saying in work about one of our managers,
'Quick to criticise, petulant to praise.'

And that can be said for the majority of this nation.
When something goes wrong, or someone is slow to react or we 'think' we have been unjustly treated we come down like a ton of bricks. Yet when someone performs an unselfish act we dismiss it as 'part of their job.'
I recently encountered problems booking in to a hotel whilst working away from home. The receptionists could not do enough to try to sort out a problem that was caused by the company I work for. They went out of their way to ensure I was booked in correctly, even offering to take a chance that by letting me into the room my company would eventually sort things out.
I refused to go to the room for fear of them getting into trouble, even though one was a manageress. When they did sort it out I promptly went to my room and wrote to their HQ saying what a fantastic team they were and they should be recognised for the effort they put into ensuring customer satisfaction. The following week I was pleased to hear they had been applauded by their bosses and given certificates and shopping vouchers for their professionalism. I in turn have made 5 very good friends for my small consideration.
So instead of moaning and complaining when something doesn't quite go according to plan try praising when something does.
You make enemies by being critical. You make friends by being friendly.

Goes to prove that you can not tar all officers with the same brush.

Course you can't!

Same in any walk of life, you'll find a wide spectrum of people from those at the top who are absolutely 100% dedicated to those at the bottom who don't care less.

Goes to prove that you can not tar all officers with the same brush.

Course you can't!

Same in any walk of life, you'll find a wide spectrum of people from those at the top who are absolutely 100% dedicated to those at the bottom who don't care less.

And vice-versa. There are those at the top who once they have reached that pinnacle stop caring. Meanwhile there are those at the bottom who take on a job because of their 'caring' nature and give 100% for little self-reward.

deep sea trawlermen, commercial divers, window-cleaners and coal-miners risk their lives every day, and contribute to the quality of life of the rest of us. Lifeboatmen risk their lives to save others. So do firemen.
Stupid thing to say.
Yeah, call all of those when your daughter's been raped, house burgled, car nicked by f*ckwit scum. :rolleyes:

And there's me STILL wondering where it all went wrong. :rolleyes:

They won't come out for that but they'll be there if a white guy calls a black guy a black c--t.

Sponsored Links
Back