Political extremist jailed for murder. Daily Mail put the news on page 30

Someone wanting revenge in the worst possible way. That's what mair wanted.
Makes you no better than mair. Takes you down to his level.
The gutter level.

None of the posters are "baying for blood", from what they've posted.
They just said they baulk at funding an unarguably guilty nothing's "hospitality" for the next forty or so years.

Sponsored Links
None of the posters are "baying for blood", from what they've posted.

really?

"forced onto there knees & made to beg for there lives. And if they are not stood up against the wall & shot , than they can spend the rest of there worth less lives in solitary confinement in misery & pain. there time in prison will not be as a punishment it will be for punishment every day of there lives."

"they would be taken to a designated area & shot or what ever (?) within in 48 hrs of the verdict. Only reason for not executing them would be if there organs were of any use for transplants ?? in which case they would be kept alive until the necessary arrangements could be made"

"Leave him a short rope and a chair in his cell"

Not so much blood but justice. Also think of the difference the money would make to the sick and the vulnerable, prioritising their lifes and wellbeing instead of squandering precious finite resources on what will only ever probably amount to scum. Of course if you find the idea of helping people repugnant, I can only assume your moral compass has broken and needs resetting. BTW giving the unworthy lost cause an opportunity to do the correct thing themselves, makes more sense than you give credit for and arguably is your failing not mine.

Well thankfully the majority in this country don't support the death penalty.
And I don't see how that would mean their "moral compass" is some how "broken".
I would say the opposite.

Sponsored Links
Also think of the difference the money would make to the sick and the vulnerable
California
Assessment of Costs by Judge Arthur Alarcon and Prof. Paula Mitchell (2011, updated 2012)

The authors concluded that the cost of the death penalty in California has totaled over $4 billion since 1978:

• $1.94 billion--Pre-Trial and Trial Costs
  • $925 million--Automatic Appeals and State Habeas Corpus Petitions
  • $775 million--Federal Habeas Corpus Appeals
  • $1 billion--Costs of Incarceration
The authors calculated that, if the Governor commuted the sentences of those remaining on death row to life without parole, it would result in an immediate savings of $170 million per year, with a savings of $5 billion over the next 20 years.

$170 million dollars saved per year.
Now you have the choice between using that money to help the sick and vulnerable or squandering it on your death squads.

Well thankfully the majority in this country don't support the death penalty.
And I don't see how that would mean their "moral compass" is some how "broken".
I would say the opposite.

how do you know ?? the majority in the UK do not support the death penalty ??

incidentally I do not support the death penalty. to many innocent people have or would have been killed .

Guildford 4 , Birmingham 6 to name but 2 examples

California
Assessment of Costs by Judge Arthur Alarcon and Prof. Paula Mitchell (2011, updated 2012)

The authors concluded that the cost of the death penalty in California has totaled over $4 billion since 1978:

• $1.94 billion--Pre-Trial and Trial Costs
  • $925 million--Automatic Appeals and State Habeas Corpus Petitions
  • $775 million--Federal Habeas Corpus Appeals
  • $1 billion--Costs of Incarceration
The authors calculated that, if the Governor commuted the sentences of those remaining on death row to life without parole, it would result in an immediate savings of $170 million per year, with a savings of $5 billion over the next 20 years.

$170 million dollars saved per year.
Now you have the choice between using that money to help the sick and vulnerable or squandering it on your death squads.

Like I've already said it's basically a scam by greedy lawyers to exploit current legal due process and ultimately the public purse, it's in their best interest to keep an obviously guilty perpetrator alive as long as possible. Some cases the appeals process can take as long as 20 years to pick through. Does that sound reasonable to you?
What help would they offer if they couldn't make such vast amounts of money out of the process? Imo It would make far more sense if they were given perhaps 1 year max to fight the death penalty. This should only apply if there is no realistic doubt of a miscarriage of justice being carried out of course.
And before anyone cries out about the perceived barbarity of taking anothers life
maybe consider the fact we have no problem arming soldiers, police etc with deadly weapons to kill any perceived threat to our, their existence, oh and nuclear weapons that are capable of killing millions of potentially innocent people.

Of course all this is unlikely to ever happen considering a vast majority of MP's are themselves lawyers or connected to the law society in some way. Money or justice, what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my objection, too, but where there is absolutely no doubt ...
All the people who were wrongly executed in Britain were found guilty "beyond reasonable doubt"

Lord Denning said it was a pity the Birmingham Six weren't hanged, because then everybody would have forgotten about them and the miscarriage of justice would not have come to light.

in the first review into Timothy Evan's wrongful conviction and hanging, it was (wrongly) found that he probably killed his wife, but not his daughter. Evans was eventually granted a posthumous pardon, but he never expressed any gratitude for it, since he was long dead.

Everybody knew that Derek Bentley was not a murderer, but since the real murderer was too young to be hanged, they hanged Bentley instead. He was also granted a posthumous pardon, but 55 years too late.

I'm not talking about reasonable doubt, but absolute certainty.

All the people who were wrongly executed in Britain were found guilty "beyond reasonable doubt"
That's all right, then, but did they do it?

Lord Denning said it was a pity the Birmingham Six weren't hanged, because then everybody would have forgotten about them and the miscarriage of justice would not have come to light.
What?

There is absolutely no doubt what so ever 100% certainty that that bloke slaughterd/ executed/ murdered that M.P . No doubt what so ever

there is no doubt what so ever that those 2 blokes slaughtered / executed/ murdered lee Rigby. some of it was videoed

lord Denning was imho an idiot.

political extremist ? in your Op meaning ???

Last edited:
DNA certainly helps now with the absolute certainty. DNA wasn't used/available when the Birmingham six et al were locked up.
Not sure I like capital punishment tho, even with such evidence. But I'd probably feel a lot different if it was someone I loved who was murdered.

Lock them up with no luxuries, no Sky TV, mobile phones etc and no 3 course meals . The good old "bread and water".

Sponsored Links
Back