Poor Shower Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been reading the topics on poor shower pressure and need someone's help. I got the new shower installed before the winter last year however it's temperamental in the mornings as apparently due to low pressure entering the shower it goes hot and cold. Apparently (According to the manufacturer) the shower is fine and it's the pressure that's causing the problem. The shower is an electric shower cold water feed. The power at the taps in the kitchen and the bath are fine. He said that the pressure could be low from the mains. He says there is a whistling at the kitchen tap which sounds as if the water is trying to force its way through. I really want to be clued up before I get a plumber in. Please can you help. Also is there anything I can do to rectify this...i.e fit some kind of pump to increase pressure? Change shower system completely? Someone mentioned a pressure reducing valve. I can't seem to see one at the mains feed in the kitchen but where else would it be?? HELP

Sponsored Links
if you have low water pressure at peak times then the shower will not operate properly.
fitting a pressure reducing valve won't help that'll reduce it more.

get a pressure gauge and check the pressure at peak times etc if it drops below about 1 bar thats your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back