Porch and Covering Decorative Concrete Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have a porch with decorative concrete blocks and the previous owners put up some plastic sheeting in order to cover them and create a makeshift room. However, the plastic is flimsy. Lots of soil, rubbish and insects come into the porch from under the plastic and it rattles in the wind.

I was wondering if you had any pointers for what I could do with it? I’m guessing my best bet is to rip down the plastic sheeting and start afresh. I’m hoping to have a stab at making it water tight without breaking the bank so we're able to store coats and shoes in there.

I’d consider filling in/covering the decorative blocks fully or partially, but I’m not sure what the best way to do this would be. Also, this would make the hall a lot darker so may not be the best way to go about it.

Please find image attached. Any ideas would be greatly received - thank you!

Attachments

• X9+_20160814_113514.jpg
    X9+_20160814_113514.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 101
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back