Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Well beware of beer posts. Like beer goggles, you wake up in the morning look at what you've done and go OH SH1T!!! :eek:

Confession: :oops: Once did that late in the night and got bent out of shape about something or other and I started a thread titled, ok I won't say.

The owner of the site and main mod, who knew me well, called me :oops: And was kind enough to make like it never happened. (Although some members saw it and one questioned it IIRC) :oops:

Not giving anything more away. A lesson learnt and never to be repeated. (Hic!)

Sponsored Links
No, you said very clearly you supported positive discrimination, not positive action. Now you are backpedalling since you've discovered the equality brigade have dropped positive discrimination.
So, to avoid any confusion in anyone's mind in the future, kindly clarify the difference between positive discrimination and positive action.

Sure. Positive discrimination is what you described in the OP, while positive action is what Micilin described in his 'rooney rule' thread.

You supported the former, now want to change your mind. That's ok.

Bon mot, BT, I will be aware in case of any faux pas. I just hope no-one can deliver the coup de grace. It's most likely that they'll have a moment of l'esprit de l'escalier because they weren't au fait with the topic.
As long as I'm not caught au naturel.

Sponsored Links
No, you said very clearly you supported positive discrimination, not positive action. Now you are backpedalling since you've discovered the equality brigade have dropped positive discrimination.
So, to avoid any confusion in anyone's mind in the future, kindly clarify the difference between positive discrimination and positive action.

Sure. Positive discrimination is what you described in the OP, while positive action is what Micilin described in his 'rooney rule' thread.

Very good, cajar, now assuming they didn't already have labels, how would you tell the difference?

Shakespearean quote coming next, I think.

Hang on you lot!!!

I thought I first mentioned Positive Action here, which I said I got/stole from a Liberal MP YouTube!

I did some major hard work and searching using my fingers and eyes to come up with that!

Not happy! :p

(OK, no more posting from me tonight)

Hang on you lot!!!

I thought I first mentioned Positive Action here, which I said I got/stole from a Liberal MP YouTube!

I did some major hard work and searching using my fingers and eyes to come up with that!

Not happy! :p

(OK, no more posting from me tonight)
Sorry, BT, I used it first on 16 March, I think it was in the Lawrence thread, nah, nah nah ;)
Edit, 14 March

Very good, cajar, now assuming they didn't already have labels, how would you tell the difference?

Selection based on ethnicity / race. Don't think your quote will help you.

RH exposed as a racist. How quaint!!

PS Couldn't post " How kweer ". The do gooders have made one hell of an impact on this site.

Selection based on ethnicity / race. Don't think your quote will help you.
I think you'll need to be a bit more compehensive than that.
Do you mean that one of the policies is based on simply ethnicity or race, without any merit involved? In which case I have never mentioned, supported or condoned selection merely on ethnicity or race, therefore how could I have mentioned the policy that you are referring to, whichever one you think it is?

Simply that ethnicity / race is a selection criterion.
Which policy, when, how?

Are you struggling, shall I give you the answer, bearing in mind this quote fom the EHRC website:
- Tie Break Situations
The other positive action step an employer can take is to decide to appoint an applicant from a group sharing a protected characteristic if they reasonably believe this group to be disadvantaged or under-represented in the workforce or if their participation in an activity is disproportionately low.

Sponsored Links
Back