Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Never mind, take it whichever way you like I couldn't give two hoots but if you look back through my posts you will see that I've used the same smilie a number of times but for some reason you didn't take umbrage on those occasions, and, as far as confusion goes you appear to have been fairly confused yourself on this thread.
I also became bored with your belligerence.

Im always willing to help a genuine student, but circuitous arguments are wasteful and counter-productive.

Perhaps that's another lesson for you.

Ha ha ha... now I'm laughing at you, what a tit :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Your confusion is still evident. :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not confused me ol' fruit, I've no doubt at all that you're a tit. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
What is the record for the longest thread?
And the longest post, cos micilin and I might be in competition?

p.s I know what a long weight is. I'll only laugh at the silly response if it's really funny.

I whole heartedly support Positive Discrimination except that I'm not allowed to call it by that label.

Extracted relevant quote, for clarity.

Positive discrimination devalues one, as it values another.

All PA / PD does is disenfranchise, and disgruntle, a different group. Well thought out :rolleyes:

The only fair way is to draw a line in the sand, acknowledge the wrongs of the past, and hire and fire on merit alone. The only ones to complain about that will have nothing other than sour grapes to support their position.

there's an EU directive somewhere that says something like.......... France can throw out anyone guilty of being a Roma. Germany can throw out anyone,, but the UK must accept any and all Roma's and undersirables.

Corrected that for you RH.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
No you've mis-quoted me very intentionally.
I consider that to be duplicitous
And i quoted you from Jock ' s quote which means I've miss-quoted too; by accident. But my point stands, about Australia. So no harm done :)

Yes, but yours was "by accident" and could easily be explained by your misunderstanding, thinking I'd genuinely said that which Jock had misquoted me as saying, when I hadn't said what he'd said I'd said. Which is what I said. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I whole heartedly support Positive Discrimination except that I'm not allowed to call it by that label.

All PA / PD does is disenfranchise, and disgruntle, a different group. Well thought out :rolleyes:

The only fair way is to draw a line in the sand, acknowledge the wrongs of the past, and hire and fire on merit alone. The only ones to complain about that will have nothing other than sour grapes to support their position.
Yes, brigadier, you're welcome to your opinion.

We've been round and round, up and down and back again.
PA is a policy that you can support, or you can't. It's not compulsory.

You can take you choice.
I do support PA. I used to suppot PD, but I can't call it that anymore.

I also dislike negative discrimination, which is illegal.
It's now been simplified to "discrimination", all sorts of discrimination is now illegal.

Also bear in mind that PA or discrimination is not limited to ethnicity.

Gawd....I think I'm going mad.

Is it me, or is it a lot of other people? :evil:

Edit: PA has absolutely nothing to do with the wrongs of the past. PA is looking to create a brighter, better future for all.

do you think your support of illegal discriminatory practices adds to yours?

Now you're being absurd.

It is absurd that you would support such practices but evidently you do?
Then produce the evidence.
subpoena duces tecum

As evidenced by your admissions of support in a number of posts contained within this thread, but then I suppose your account could have been hacked, you could have been lying or perhaps you weren't totally in control of your faculties... have you taken your medication today? :D <laughing at you, again>

Edit: PA has absolutely nothing to do with the wrongs of the past. PA is looking to create a brighter, better future for all.

But,, you agree that Positive Discrimination and Positive Action are one and the same??
As I've already stated, it's a divisive policy.

Yes, brigadier, you're welcome to your opinion.

We've been round and round, up and down and back again.
PA is a policy that you can support, or you can't. It's not compulsory.

You can take you choice.
I do support PA. I used to suppot PD, but I can't call it that anymore.

I also dislike negative discrimination, which is illegal.
It's now been simplified to "discrimination", all sorts of discrimination is now illegal.

Also bear in mind that PA or discrimination is not limited to ethnicity.

Gawd....I think I'm going mad.

Is it me, or is it a lot of other people? :evil:

Hardly "for all".

And given that [someone] made the initial "bad" choices, [someone] will also be making the new "good" choices. "Bad" and "good" are subjective.

We won't agree. I wonder who you think is a floating voter, who you might still win over, RH? (Unless you really are just going for "longest thread")? ;)

Are you actually trying to win yourself over?

Or are you just too embarrassed after 30-odd pages to do a volte-face?

Re. Your comment RH about you n Big M and you don't laff if it ain't funny. (Can't find it now).

Knock knock
Who's there?
Micilin
Micilin who?
Micilin antibiotics have run out doctor. (Soz mate. Don't know where you got your user name but it sounds like one to me :D ).

Ok, must be balanced about this..

Knock knock
Who's there?
Rogue the master
Bater?

Okay. That was below the belt...

Knock knock
Who's there?
Lovely, kind, helpful Tone
**** off! I'm Dr. Hanger...

Yep, had another drink soz :oops:

Seriously, not doing it again... :oops: