Potterton Ep2002 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I am replacing an old EP2002 with a new Drayton LP522, on a gravity fed, pumped HW system. The potterton back plate has the following wiring connections.
A,B,C,D N L 1,2,3,4,5,

I Have connections to D = B,BR L,N, 3,4,5.

What do I connect the Existing D wires to on the new Drayton, and what are they? and what is 5 ?

The new back plate only has N,L 1,2,3,4. and of course earth.

I can only thing that D is the room or tank stat.

can anyone put me right?

Sponsored Links
You will have to find the other end of each wire and post what it is connected to.

Hi connect the wires which went to D to a connector block, not to any connections of new programmer.

Connection 5 on old programmer usually had a link to connection L, so if you had any wires connected to 5 and a link to L then connect them to L, if you had wires connected to 5 but no link to L then connect them with a connector block and not to any connection of new programmer.

if this isn't sorted yet i have a brand new EP2002 with wiring instructions if that would help identify what goes where

Sponsored Links
Good luck i hate changing these clocks.

Your going to have to make space somewhere for the extra connector blocks as i doubt they will fit behind the new clock.

Many thanks to those who took the time and effort to reply.

After stripping the old gear out and spending several hours looking at what was left I suddenly had a eurika moment and did what "Waterworks" has suggested (albeit before reading his advice. I'm impatient like that) .

And all is working well.

Again, many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back