Potterton Lynx 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Potterton Lynx 2 makes some banging sounds, sounds like air lock somewhere , this only happens when heating is switched on, i have been told it maybe a problem with the auto air vent valve which i have a new one will replace at some point, any ideas on anything else it could be.

I have no pressure problems, no reset problems, no tempreture problems
just the head banging.

Remember heating switch on, burners light, banging starts , burners shut down, banging sounds if it circulating, goes quiet then restarts, burners light all normal.

Sponsored Links
Could be lots of stuff as stated but if its a puma my money is on the DV assuming the pump runs ok of course.
Did you find some radiators werent getting hot before this happened?

EDIT : I didnt read the post right .... You did say it was a lynx :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
easy al

we are plumbers not magicians

need more info

how is it in hot water mode

is your pump working

is the system clean

whats the resistance on your thermisters

loads really

H/w is fine

pump works fine

C/h heats up fine (except noise in boiler)

system well its cleanish been about a year and half since last full clean out

as for the thermisters i aint checking em now will do it tomorrow and let you know.

Circulation problem.

Pump or scale/blockage

Assuming we have water in the boiler that is, and all the valves are turned on.

al-yeti said:
Hi

Potterton Lynx 2 makes some banging sounds, sounds like air lock somewhere , this only happens when heating is switched on, i have been told it maybe a problem with the auto air vent valve which i have a new one will replace at some point, any ideas on anything else it could be.

I have no pressure problems, no reset problems, no tempreture problems
just the head banging.

Remember heating switch on, burners light, banging starts , burners shut down, banging sounds if it circulating, goes quiet then restarts, burners light all normal.

Have you got a CORGI fitter trapped inside the combustion chamber ?

Corgiman????

once i find my DVM, thermistor resistances how do you want them, boiler cold , or hot or it wont matter as long i tell you what state yes???

ALso is the pump supposed to boiling to touch (heating still works fine)

New addition is it makes a noise with hot water sometimes now but not as bad as with central heating, all on start up like before please let me know how you want the readings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back