potterton lynx 2

dave18 - of course it would, soryr for that one of those lazy days!! :LOL:

I agree with you about the CH flow seitch being stcuk in the ON position, and if the pump was faulty the no circulation would cause the boiler to overheat (on CH or DHW demand) - so 2 faults in 1 there. (as if the pump was faulty and the CH flow switch gone, then the boiler wouldn't fire anyway) -p unless i was running just enough to close the ch flow switch but not enough to carry the heat/water away from the heat ex quickly enough....

Also it could be a sludged up main heat ex causing a lack of proper circulation possibly....

Sponsored Links
Harryfox121

(as if the pump was faulty and the CH flow switch gone, then the boiler wouldn't fire anyway

If the switch had failed in open position.

If the switch had failed in the closed position it would fire.

unless i was running just enough to close the ch flow switch but not enough to carry the heat/water away from the heat ex quickly enough....

Correct.

Dave

The poster needs an boiler breakdown engineer to check everything in the boiler and to find/replace the part ideally.

One last point dave18: what would you say the best/easiest way is to fault find a sludged up heat exchanger that could be causing no/poor circulation and boiler overheat/lockout?

Harryfox121,

If you start a new post with your question I will do my best to answer it,

Its bad manners to hijack someone elses post :oops:

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the information

i have changed the over heat stat. i will check the pump is working but all the rads still warm up so wouldnt that indicate the pump is sending the water round the system.

Very new to boilers (ex squaddie)

I have read the replies thru again, you talk more about the CH and pump more than the DHW why would this be. and how do you check if the flow switch is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back