potterton lynx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got a LYNX ELECTRONIC, and I think I need an air flow sensor,hot water and central heating work for about 1 to 2 mins then cuts out, the demand light stays on, the fan is running, if I blow on the sensor when it has cut out I get ignition, haven't check resistance on sensor yet, getting multi meter tomorrow, and no one got sensor anymore, any help guys oh and girls cheers

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if your sensor IS working.

Are you sure the pump is circulating properly and the heat sensors are correct?

Does it carry on sparking AFTER the burner has lit???

Tony

You need a reasonably good meter and know how to use it to measure the low resistance of a Lynx AFS

According to one of my employees, the resistance can be within
potterton's spec and still not work - he always used to carry a known working AFS with him.

It also needs to be checked at the connector on the PCB.

One of the major causes of malfunction is dirty spade contacts on the sensor.

In your case I think the sensor is working anyway!

Tony

Sponsored Links
check the sensor wiring first its a common failure point on these.

thanks for replies, no it doesn't keep sparking after fire up, and pump is turning changed last year, and last evening stayed on after giving it a thump with front cover off would you belive, but this morning same problem, friends using his multi tonight thanks again

Its easier to monitor the air flow sensor by measuring the voltage across the connections to the PCB during operation.

If you think its causing the dropout then the voltage change is likely to be noticed. Adding or removing resistance can prove the theory.

Tony

yeah looks like the cable, got a reading of 1.8 on sensor, then checked the connection on pcb, this fluctuated between 1.9 and 3.2, so going to fit new cables, thanks guys will let you know.
nick :D

Check where the wires go into the crimps on the connectors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back