Potterton Profile 80e boiler cutting off no heating or water

Did he turn the valve by the tank on or off, it may be an idea to turn it anticlockwise and check.

At the same time, it won't be the first time an cowboy has left the pump valves turned off, in the hope of generating more work, so check those as well.

This could be the case. I will check. As the pipe upto and including the pump is hot but not after the pump and the 3 port valve!

To open the valve, do you turn the valve clockwise (right) or anticlock wise (Left)?

Sponsored Links
Anti opens.

Check and post the type, some have a screwdriver slot which is parallel with the pipe for open and across the pipe for closed.

Sponsored Links
Turn everything anti clockwise then, untill it stops. then turn it back half a turn.

Turn everything anti clockwise then, untill it stops. then turn it back half a turn.

Done that both valves were open anyway. I find that now when I turned on the bolier the pipe up to the pump is not hot. Any other ideas?

And they came to a stop, and not just kept going round.

yes. They are both fine.

Mike, the twgas ( BG Enginner) suggested that 3 port valve may have been seized.

What is the solution? Do I need to replace the 3 port valve or does it need to be removed and cleaned, although this is not something that I would do myself!

What make is the 3port valve does the actuator come off.

Now I most go out.

when you put the programmer on Hot water only, all the radiators comes on.

just browsed over thread but this bit sticks out like a sore thumb. Your mid-pos valve is likely to be seized as someone previously mentioned.

If it is seized does it need to be replaced or cleaned? I do not mind spending £60 for valve plus labour if that solves the problem. However at the moment as you know the boiler is shutting off after few minutes. Is the seized valve causing boiler to shut off after few minutes?

replaced. Cost for someone to do it would be around £120. Although it does sound as if your system may need flushing. Can't say for sure without seeing it.
As for the flushing guy, sounds like a nob. Plenty of things can start leaking during a powerflush but if you take that stance you'd probably never do one. 90% of the time there's no problems, sometimes the odd rad valve and ver very rarely, a cylinder or rad might burst, but thats the nature of the work and why all my custards sign a disclaimer ;) Cylinder replacement should be around 450-600 depending on size and any upgrades required for compliance. P'flush £350ish. For £1100 I'd do the lot! :eek:

replaced. Cost for someone to do it would be around £120. Although it does sound as if your system may need flushing. Can't say for sure without seeing it.
As for the flushing guy, sounds like a nob. Plenty of things can start leaking during a powerflush but if you take that stance you'd probably never do one. 90% of the time there's no problems, sometimes the odd rad valve and ver very rarely, a cylinder or rad might burst, but thats the nature of the work and why all my custards sign a disclaimer ;) Cylinder replacement should be around 450-600 depending on size and any upgrades required for compliance. P'flush £350ish. For £1100 I'd do the lot! :eek:

see the email sent to your hotmail address to disucss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back