Potterton Profile 80e boiler cutting off no heating or water

Not such a cowboy as the second one, who obviously hasn't a clue. I still can't believe what you wrote.

Can you do a drawing of the complete layout, and either post it or email it to me, (in my profile)

Sponsored Links
Not such a cowboy as the second one, who obviously hasn't a clue. I still can't believe what you wrote.

Can you do a drawing of the complete layout, and either post it or email it to me, (in my profile)

Email Sent just now but will send you diagram may be on Wednesday

going to bed now.

Thanks .

Email Sent just now but will send you diagram may be on Wednesday

going to bed now.

Thanks .

E mail not received.

Sponsored Links
Although the second plumber (Paul) changed the 3 port MPV. He said it was faulty as RADS were coming on when only Hot water was on. However after changing the MPV, the RADs still came on this morning.

So it seems he replaced the good working MPV with a new one and charged me £86 for new MPV plus 6 hours labour £360 to change that and used DS-3 which I find is fo ruse to descale hot water system and not CH System!.

Now it seems fault lies some were else may be in Boiler or electric wiring

You know the first plumber wanted to change boiler part costing £137. What part it would be that was stopping water circulating and boiler cutting off.

He was even saying that he will guarantee that the CH will work if I replace this part. But as he was not willing to say which part I was bit skeptical and meanwhile 2nd plumber Paul came in early.

I do no know what to do now. I have stopped the cheque as some of the downstairs RADs are just warming up while upstairs RADs are RED Hot.

By the way after all the 3 plumbers visits and various expensive repair suggestions, I followed suggestion from Mike- Tech guy at Sentinel and put MX400 on 30/9/09. Within few days all RADs started getting hot and now I have also put the pump on number 2 position and it is not pumping over anymore! I am now going to drain the system and put MX100 for protection

So all those plumbers suggesting a Powerflush and plus replacing the Hot water cylinder were just trying on to rip me off. Total cost would have been over £1600

Hi

I sorted out the cutting off problem after putting the MX400 which I left in the system for over 4 weeks.

The system with all RADS on working fine for last 4 weeks.

However today I drained the system to flush the MX400 and refilled it with fresh water.

Initially the water would not refill even after opening the lowest RAD air vent. However, after a while it slowly filled up and I vented all the RADs until water started coming out.

But now the problem is:-

that all the RADS on the 1st floor are RED hot but downstairs RADs are cold!

The Boiler is cutting of again after 5 minutes or so.

The pipes which were both hot under the stairs are now cold! These are some 5 meters away from the boiler -which is in the side extension on the outer wall.

What do you think is the problem and what should I do?.

I am thinking of putting another dose of MX400?

ragingcat

Hi kev

After shutting of the upstair RAds, the downstairs RAds started coming on slowly.

Next day I also opened up the upstairs RAds and all RAds are now working. Some RADS neeed bleeding the air. The most Air was in Upstairs bathroom Radiator as it is the longest and highest RAds.

I wil now put MX100 Inhibitor today in the F&E tank.

Later on will install the MAGNACLEAN filter.

Thanks to all for your help.

I also remind every one reading the forum to post after they have resolved their problem.as sometimes people do not post after getting the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back