Potterton Puma 80 Hot Water but no Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Puma 80 combination boiler which I’m having central heating problems with, while the hot water is running fine. When I turn the central heating on the boiler normally burns for about 30 seconds but no hot water gets to the radiators and will then shut down. While on other occasions it never burns. However I do seem to be able to give it a kick start by running a hot tap for few seconds. If I keep doing this over a 20 minute period it gets going. I also found this morning that isolating one of the radiators seemed to help, but it may just be coincidence. Pressure is ok although I did have a problem last week with the pressure switch sticking following a low system pressure warning which I was able to resolve as it is a problem I have had before. However I did not appear to actually have a low pressure problem as the gauge was in the green. I therefore put it down to some gunk in the system. Finally and I do not know if this is connected, since the low pressure switch problem there is what I can best described as a clicking noise coming from the top of the boiler. I thought it might be the air vent but have checked that, it actually appears to be coming from the back where the CH expansion vessel is.
If anyone has any thoughts I would be extremely grateful to hear them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back