Potterton Puma 80e - lockout on HW use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - 1st post here - I do hope someone is able to help.

I have a Potterton Puma 80e combi boiler. Have lived in our flat for over a year. Had it serviced when we moved in due to poor water pressure and hot water coming and going every 30secs. BG man came riund fitted some new parts and repressurised to about 2bar.

All seemed fine, but now a year on the CH is fine, but there are problems with the HW. 1st time of use HW is fine - shower has adequate pressure and water temperature is good. Turn off shower, leave 30 secs and boiler goes into lockout, red light comes on. :cry:

If shower is turned on again, no HW at all until reset button is pushed. Pressure is exactly at 1 bar. As I said, CH does not seem to be affected and works fine.

Do I need to repressurise the system? If so how? Or is someting sticking?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you mentioned bg, have you a contract with them? if you have call them, if you havent get one. i have a potty puma 100e, similar prob to yours 6 visits over 2 mths (aprox) its all working fine. I m gald we have bg. but then again you may be lucky

Yeah, I do have a deal with BG. Was just hoping it might be something simple. Or at least, so I wouldn't sound quite so useless when they come round! ;)

Your hot water flow switch is sticking on. 5 minute fix. Plenty here, do a search on puma, DHW etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back