Puma 80e Lockout! Spark, but no flame...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Puma 80e, that started showing the lockout light after it receiving a hot water demand from either hit tap or CH. After investigation, I can see the water pressure is fine, the fan starts, and there are ignition sparks - but they don't catch flame and the lockout comes on. Is there a simple fix for this? The guide on the back of the casing says to check the GV1 and GV2 solenoids.

I've tried the manual's suggestion of "holding reset for 10 seconds" but that doesn't solve the problem.

No dripping taps, no leaks that I'm aware of.

Hope you can help!

Sponsored Links
You could check the solenoid resistances as you have read.

However, we don't give advice here on gas/combustion issues.

The only advice is to get a competent gas registered engineer who is familiar with these boilers. They are getting a little old now and are slightly different in their design.

Tony

Thanks! Do you know where can I find the solenoids mentioned?

Have a read of this:

You could check the solenoid resistances as you have read.

However, we don't give advice here on gas/combustion issues.

The only advice is to get a competent gas registered engineer who is familiar with these boilers. They are getting a little old now and are slightly different in their design.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I can take a hint!

Let a professional do it before things start exploding...

The makers put that guidance on the inside of the cover for engineer's use! They don't expect the user to be opening the boiler.

Whilst we can give advice on other aspects of the boiler operation anything connected with the gas/combustion/safety devices is not allowed under the forum rules ( which you are deemed to have read and agreed to! ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back