Power consumption of spring zone valves

what do you know DAN !

It needs a proper lash up,not a tried and tested way of doing things ,very complicated thing adding extra valves and stats for different zones :p :p

Sponsored Links
I wish I'd known I could have used a lash up instead of the 5 heating zone, 2 hot water zone, 1 swimming pool zone S plan plus that I fitted a few years ago. I could have been making a mint on call backs, still those unreliable Honey well valves should start to fail in another ten years or so. Rather than just replace the synchron motor I'd best rip them out and fit some motor open motor close valves so the customer can afford a couple of pints a year.

exactly mate ,why bother with all that when you can pop down to Maplins and POUNDLAND and cobble something together,why be conscientious and put in system that will reliable

:p :p

What? Like s-plan plus?

5 zones is not difficult to do by any means.
Each with it's own timer and temperature control with frost protection, low temperature for when the room is not being used and normal temperature for when it is ? Can s-plan plus achieve that ?

It also has to be ready to perform a top up of the hot water as soon as the shower takes mains pressure hot water heated via the second coil in the tank.

Sponsored Links
Programmanble room stat in each zone will provide frost protection, low temp and high temp.

What? Like s-plan plus?

5 zones is not difficult to do by any means.
Each with it's own timer and temperature control with frost protection, low temperature for when the room is not being used and normal temperature for when it is ? Can s-plan plus achieve that ?

It also has to be ready to perform a top up of the hot water as soon as the shower takes mains pressure hot water heated via the second coil in the tank.

Are you being serious? Please tell me you're joking.... please :LOL:

It also has to be ready to perform a top up of the hot water as soon as the shower takes mains pressure hot water heated via the second coil in the tank

I can believe that if its a thermal store you have fitted.

It also has to be ready to perform a top up of the hot water as soon as the shower takes mains pressure hot water heated via the second coil in the tank

I can believe that if its a thermal store you have fitted.

Why the humour ? It is similar to a heat store. It is a vented indirect hot water tank with a second coil at the top of the tank. The tank will supply hot water to bath and washbasins under the head from the cold water tank as "normal". The second coil uses the hot water in the tank as a heat store for the mains pressure hot feed to the shower. There will be a pressure control valve in case the mains pressure rises too high.

Lateral thinking is needed when plumbing a listed building.

What other makers do a 2-port MoMo? Anyone know?

They all do, but SFAIK Sunvic are the only manufacturers that offer Mo-Mo valves and controllers for domestic installations. Most commercial control valves use 24V Mo-Mo (3 point control) actuators, but they are far more expensive than the domestic offerings.

Honeywell make the most reliable domestic valves.

I'm still laughing at the idea that Seimans makes decent heating controls.

As for the second coil thing... is sad coil rated to be connected to the mains? What happens when the prv fails?

Lateral thinking my a7se :LOL:

As for the second coil thing... is sad coil rated to be connected to the mains? What happens when the prv fails?
Does prv = pressure relief valve. ? If so then there can be no failure as there is no pressure relief valve, the tank in vented. If the coil leaks mains water into the tank then the header tank will be back fed from the hot water tank and over flow which will indicate a problem.

I wonder how how energy the fridge light wastes, perhaps another thread is in order. :rolleyes:

Doitall

I have very clever idea why dont you pop down to Maplins and buy some LED light strip cut it down to size and then remove the bulb fom the fridge and retrofit this in its place

You will save £1 in the first year and ever increasing amounts as the price of energy goes up

:p :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back