Power flush required yes or no?

The system at the moment is sealed and holding 1 bar pressure since he left which would say to me there are no leaks.

Why I appreciate what you have said there I am not sure I would accept that. If something works fine, I.e. My heating, gas, water has never had a problem and then someone comes and does work on it and causes a problem I would expect them to rectify it unless they can prove beyond doubt it was not their fault.

Let's hope nothing bad does happen so I don't have to have that difficult conversation with him.

Sponsored Links
Power flushing, using a proper chemical like X800 does not "uncover" a leak but often creates one by removing sludge which is blocking a potential leak, for example in valve spindles.

Those who only do power flushing will rarely agree to clean a system more than 10 years old for this reason.

The system at the moment is sealed and holding 1 bar pressure since he left which would say to me there are no leaks.

Why I appreciate what you have said there I am not sure I would accept that. If something works fine, I.e. My heating, gas, water has never had a problem and then someone comes and does work on it and causes a problem I would expect them to rectify it unless they can prove beyond doubt it was not their fault.

Let's hope nothing bad does happen so I don't have to have that difficult conversation with him.

That is why we have specific terms and conditions for when carrying out chemical cleaning or a flush on existing systems.

While your system may appear good on the outside, hardened deposits may be sealing leaks, the chemicals can strip these and open up a leak. Your rads will rust from inside out and the chemicals and pressure can pinhole these. You may have a dodgy fitting that has held under normal working conditions but could fail when subjected to the harsher conditions of a flush.

These are just a couple of examples and are not the engineers fault if they were to happen and would be chargeable. Hence why you would have to sign my T's + C's to show you understood the risks explained and you agreed to them.

Jon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back