Power flushing kit

The industry is spoon fed drivel by the chemical companies, it is not to improve heating systems, its driven by profit, powerflushing, inhibitors, its all nonsense, why inhibit a sealed heating system, oxygen has to be present for corrosion to occur, installers need to ensure de-gassing is done correctly, when you just shove a bottle of inhibitor in, most installers do not even know what it is supposed to do, but after they add inhibitor and walk away they have no idea what condition the heating water is in, pH, Conductivity, salt content etc, it is these factors that lead to system problems, I never use inhibitors and I don't have problems with my systems

Sponsored Links
..... why inhibit a sealed heating system, oxygen has to be present for corrosion to occur

You could get oxygen generated by electrolysis if the fill water is acidic, and the steel and copper act as a galvanic corrosion cell. That's usually as a result of active flux residues and not flushing after installing. The hydrogen air locks the radiators or escapes from the vents.

.Conductivity, salt content etc, it is these factors that lead to system problems, I never use inhibitors and I don't have problems with my systems

Do you test pH, TDS, etc., ? How do you know about such things, when most installers don't? Steam boiler experience in your background?

Self education, I look to Europe for the answers, I have test equipment that lets me test pH, TDS, Salts and conductivity all from one unit, installers need to arm themselves with such equipment, if they want to avoid warranty refusals based on water quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back