power for jacuzi bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a jacuzi bath, fitted a fused spur in a bedroom supplying the bath and purchased a RCB housed in it own little box. My question is, Do i install the RCB before the fused spur or between spur and bath ?

Cheers all

+++++
depends on the regulations and standards in Bosnia and Herzegovina

Mod Rupert
+++++

Sponsored Links
Rupert,

Sorry mate. I posted in the outside uk forum.. Did you delete it ? I am in the uk...

++++++
I didn't delete it but someone might if it looks like a duplicate

Mod Rupert
++++++

get a spark in mate to do this job, bathroom is special location.

make sure you get one registered to a scheme.

I called in a spark who talked a load of **** and tried to reduce my bank balance by £350.00

Ok so he needs to write it all off once done but come on. The ring main is visable and plenty of slack in the cable.

He only needs toconnect a few wires.

Sponsored Links
For starters to do the job properly he would need to check the main equipotential bonding and supplementary equipotential bonding conductors are in place and adequate, he would add the socket circuit to the supplementary equipotential bonding of the location if this circuit is to be used. The work is in a special location hence needs to be notified to LABC under part p of the building regs which he would do via his scheme if he is registered.
Bit more to it than just a few wires I'm afraid. You can DIY legaly if you notify your LABC in advance an pay their fee for them to oversee compliance.

diyisfree said:
I called in a spark who talked a load of s**t and tried to reduce my bank balance by £350.00

Ok so he needs to write it all off once done but come on. The ring main is visable and plenty of slack in the cable.

He only needs toconnect a few wires.

Perhaps slightly over priced, but I wouldn't expect his job to take less than 3 hours, depending how accessible the pipework / eq bonding is in the bathroom, and how up to date the wiring is (ie. do you have any eq bonding already?).

Yes there is bonding in the bathroom already. There used to be an electric shower in there. It has now been removed but the 10mm earth bonding cable is still attached to the pipes under the bath.

Bathroom has recently been gutted and new combi boiler fitted into new extension. All the new pipes run from the extension and under the bathroom floor so there are plenty of floorboards still up for him to run cables. (no bath in at the moment just all piped up ready)

All main bonding for the house and new extension was replaced when the elec for the extension was put in. It used to be 6mm and was changed for 10mm

I know its a bit more than a few wires but taking into consideration that he doesnt need to start lifting carpets, floorboards and then make good any plasterwork after, surely that would be reflected in the cost ?

So if you are saying approx 3 hours work, does that mean sparks charge about £100.00 per hour? Thats allowing the other £50.00 for any consumables (bit of wire and a few cable clips :D )

try ringing a few sparks and getting a few qoutes, this should give you a better idea of a fair price.

make sure you go for a sparky who's a member of a scheme and can provide the correct paperwork.

ill re-iterate that you need to have the work done properly so its not a DIY job, it may be a few quid mate but your health and safety and that of your family is worth a hell of a lot more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back