Power Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new member seeking help pl.

Had my CH serviced this week and the engineer found the hw storage tank thermostat was set to 90 deg! Turned down to 60. That's ok but we find now that the mixers in the ensuite and bathroom showers can't deliver hot enough spray. If you try to call for more hot the pump begins hunting.

The pump is a Wickes item about 15 years old. Supply is by 22mm from HW storage in airing cupd and 22mm CW from loft storage tank. Pump is on airing cupd floor. Mixers are Mira, Boiler is Radiant 4 years old. Essex flange fitted in Storage tank.

I've clean the pump filters but were ok. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barry

Sponsored Links
How it the pump hot inlet connected to the cylinder?

Picture please.

The cylinder should be set to 60, any higher and eventually the pump will die. Some brands start making a little squeak as they turn off.

Also, water that hot can cause cavitation in the impellers.

I would guess someone turned it up to 90 to compensate for another problem.

Goose thermostat in shower,
Goosed thermostat on cylinder.
Poorly performing pump (it is a Wickes after all).

Thanks for reply. It was the pump. Replaced it with another Wickes 2 Bar twin impeller with brass outlets as the old pump did well for 15 years. Also I noted the new pump is a UK made item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back