powerflush machine

i have a number of houses that i rent out and i have them all covered on homecare .
i feel that its worth it .
after all its my money and my choice but i feel bg are better than most even if they are not perfect.
guess you guys are all perfect and have never done anything wrong :eek:

ok so you are ex heating engineer,who use to work for British gas according to what you have said and now you are saying that you own few houses and pay british gas insurance to cover them

why am i being so cynical!!!!!!

must be my nature :D :D :D

i do it to make it easy for me .
it all comes off my tax and i dont have to travel upto 100 miles to mend a boiler. they service it and do the landlord checks .

like i said its my money and my choice .

Sponsored Links
Yes very good idea ,specially with the british gas two visits minimum ,that would be very costly for you having to do at least 400 miles ,better to let your employers take care of it :D :D :D

you must be very lucky to always be able to use the boiler for heat. we have alot of powermaxs and old thermalstores around here so the heater is a must. As for running around with kettles, that must be some kind of joke unless your flushing a 1 rad system, even thats probably 3 kettles worth :LOL:
Someone else mentioned a bund as well, very good idea, but don't waste money on a Norstrom one, i got mine from that swedish furniture place for a tenner ;)

HAPPYPLUMBER and HEATINGENG want their heads banging together :LOL:

yes i must visit the swedish furniture shop for a bund, wouldnt have thought theyd do one bigenough for a norstorm though im in for the training thursday and probobly buy the unit there and then provided they throw in some chemicals im going to buy the pump head adaptor and hex adaptor elsewhere as theyre own ones are more expensive than most

where would you get hose extensions from?

Sponsored Links
agile must be taking the p i s s with the kettle business most customers hate having things like screwgun batteries and laptops in never mind boiling 10+ kettles :LOL:

i charge £245 upto 10rads then £20 per rad after that[/quote]

this seems a reasonable price, do you get many requests just for powerflush alone or is it mainly before a sytem or boiler change?
sorry for all the questions but i am girl :oops:

im going to buy the pump head adaptor elsewhere as theyre own ones are more expensive than most

The pump head adaptor was only about £14 more than the cheapest one I found(abcotuk) but it comes with the adaptors for the hoses so its worth the money, else you'll still have to but the adaptors or make up some odd concoction of fittings.

View media item 19903

The pump head adaptor was only about £14 more than the cheapest one I found(abcotuk) but it comes with the adaptors for the hoses so its worth the money, else you'll still have to but the adaptors or make up some odd concoction of fittings.

View media item 19903[/quote]

since you put it like that i will get an adaptor with the machine thankyou micky

do you use the standard length hoses?
i was hoping to get some longer ones to have the machine outside so less chance of an accident :eek:

Ok gas girl lets see if i can help,we got a roll of high temperature hose,from hose supplies,they are national company and cut them to suit our needs,obviously there are all sorts of contraptions and bits and pieces you have to make up so spare hose is always a good idea

If you can set up the machine outside thats much better,and less chances of any leaks specially chemical spills

I am glad few people picked up on the kettle suggestion by Agile,sometimes he lives in cloud cuckoo land !

Now the most important thing,the adapters for the pump and heat exchangers are available from norstrom,what you will have to do is go there and use your womanly wiles and haggle them to death,the price they have is guide price not fixed in stone so do a deal and get them to throw in as much as the salesman can and reduce the price right down,believe me they want your money and things are tough at the moment so you have to play hard ball :) :)

I remember when we ordered the junior descaler off them,i haggled with the guy there just for the sake of it and got the heat exchanger adapters for half price ,so it is possible and if you dont ask you wont get:cool:

good luck

do you use the standard length hoses?
i was hoping to get some longer ones to have the machine outside so less chance of an accident :eek:

yes I have no problem using the machine indoors. Its in the bund(storage tub) and surrounded by waterproofed dustsheets. Not had any problems so far. The only extra hosing I've needed is for the dump. I bought a 30m roll from a company who sells it on ebay for about £40.

hello
i am in the market for a new powerflush machine what do you guys think is the best ones and ones to avoid i would also be interested in a company that also does a training day to learn how to use it efficiently i was thinking of spending between £700 & £1000

I've a rather well-used Sentinel (mark II) unit. After 200+ flushes the stainless outlet had a crack that I should have got fixed as soon as I saw it. Local welding shop fixed it for 50 quid. Apart from that, if you are going to do a lot of powerflushing you might want to change the quick-release couplers for screwed imperial thread connectors ones like the Kamco machine.

The rubber washers go in the end on the Sentinel hoses. However, the first three jobs paid for it. Of course that was back when the margins were higher than they are now.

The Kamco 30 is a pretty good machine for domestic systems up to 10-13 rads. Assuming the usual mix of single and double rads. Ours is just starting to show signs of leaks after three years.

The Kamco course is quite good.

Tony

Well it's ok, but like you say...

there is no better way that to work with someone who is an expert and willing to put the effort into the job. Few seem to want to so that.Tony

Ain't that the truth.

we have 3 & they're in our stores more than out paying for themselves on the job, so to speak!
I think most will agree, with the chemicals etc, there's not a lot of need for power flushing now.

You might think that but you have soft water up there. My machines are busy cleaning systems that are often very dirty. And magnacleans seem to have a 'blind-spot' for a 3-5mm square bits of rad rust. Why take the chance?

Incidentally, ladies. Why the abuse and general bad mood?

happyplumber, the price they gave me on the phone was £795 +vat for the pro and they would throw in 1 cleaner and 1 inhibitor, im not a natural haggler (typical english) but how far do you think i could push his prices down??

not sure if this is the best way but was thinking of haggling him down concentrating on the standard pro setup then start on the kit, like pump head and hex adaptor, chemicals etc

what do you think ???? :oops:

ok you will be better off doing this face to face,when you go there to buy the kit,dont be seen as they definetly got the sale play him along ,sound as you are interested but the deal hinges on something what that thing is leave to his imagination

You may not be able to get money off but try and get the adapter for the pump and the heatexchangers thrown in,thats alot money you are spending and anything you get free is a bonus

Nothing ventured nothing gained ,just be brazen young lady :D :D

Dont you have any customers haggling with you ,normally the middle east or asians are masters of haggling and it is expected part of the business deal even done in gest sometimes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back