Pre-Diabetes

Sponsored Links
Knocking the bottle of wine a night on the head might help ;)
It’s not a bottle a night! For example, I bought a bottle of red and one of white today. Mrs Mottie had a glass of white, I had a glass and a half of white. Normal size glasses. We have some venison for tomorrow night and I have a glass of red left in a bottle from last week which I will have and Mrs Mottie will have her elderflower presse. The rest of the white will be drunk with our Sunday roast - pork this week. The bottle of red will be saved for next week.

and for breakfast I have oats rather than bread, ie porridge -well on week days, I have toast on weekend
I've started having jumbo oats in the week with youghurt, banana, seeds and honey. Mrs Mottie says that’s good but I have a portion for three people so I’ll have to cut down on that. Weekends I¡lol either have fish - either poached smoked haddock with poached eggs, scrambled eggs on toast, kippers or smoked mackerel And I’ve been told to stop finishing off what she leaves on her plate! I don’t have her will power - she literally stops eating when she is full even if it means leaving a forkful of mash or 5 peas on her plate! "Finish that off" I tell her. "No, I'm full" she says.

Sponsored Links

The Mediterranean diet is good:

Lots of fresh veg and fruit, olive oil, seafood wholegrains, and beans and nuts, with red wine and coffee in moderation.
We do eat pretty healthy - rarely have ready meals and plenty of fruit, veg, seafood etc although Mrs Mottie says I eat too much of it.

I've started having jumbo oats in the week with youghurt, banana, seeds and honey. Mrs Mottie says that’s good but I have a portion for three people so I’ll have to cut down on that. Weekends I¡lol either have fish - either poached smoked haddock with poached eggs, scrambled eggs on toast, kippers or smoked mackerel And I’ve been told to stop finishing off what she leaves on her plate! I don’t have her will power - she literally stops eating when she is full even if it means leaving a forkful of mash or 5 peas on her plate! "Finish that off" I tell her. "No, I'm full" she says.
yeah me too, I will finish a meal even if full

my difficulty is tolerating being hungry between meals, its too easy to snack

I also have high blood pressure so try to avoid any salty meals, so avoid things with bacon, smoked salmon etc etc.

Ironically my wife has very low blood pressure, often around 95 / 48, so she needs more salt really!

Ive swapped from white to brown rice which helps and reduce pastas meals.

You need to avoided rice. Eat quinoa, buck wheat, and something else that's name escapes me.

If your going to eat Pasta try tricolour.

I've started having jumbo oats in the week with youghurt, banana, seeds and honey. Mrs Mottie says that’s good but I have a portion for three people so I’ll have to cut down on that.

Same same I eat too much of the same I think.

Need to be careful with fruits banana needs to be fresh and hard not soft a ripe.

Is diabetes a genetic thing (inherited) or is it simply a lifestyle thing?

Doing a night shift, I was chatting with one of the operatives.

Wirey bugger: muscles, sinews, and veins and not much else.
Triathlete.

Type 1 diabetic.

Id guess that's a genetic roll of the dice.

Sponsored Links
Back