Premier 24, Wintex SMS Centre Number

the best place to measure it is on the R&T terminals on the com 2400, as that's where the line is coming in to the panel.

if the com2400 cant see the line it wont dial out, so we need to establish what is happening with the line, the fact you can dial into the unit would suggest a line is there and there is little noise on it otherwise the com2400 will not connect at all.

I have to be honest I don't dial in using the com2400, I use ip these days, its faster for one and I don't have to take a modem and connect to the phone line, just need an internet connection a lot less bother.

Without the answer phone defeat you dial straight into the com2400 from the outside world, with the answer phone defeat you dial in disconnect and then dial straight in, so the line is there, the com 2400 from what your saying doesn't see it outbound and sticks at wait dial tone.

Sponsored Links
Okay, thanks for that. Have turned on Answer Phone Defeat...

I've obviously changed some other setting though as it's no longer even trying to report the open/ closures etc?! Any ideas what this could be?

What screen shots would you need to see?

Users and ARC 1/2 in are where you can turn off reporting for open closes.

You need to receive the profile from the panel to see how the panels is configured.

All options seem to be on?!

Some of the Fast Format options are greyed out though and I can't change them?? The open/ close in the channels boxes aren't ticked- should they be?

Sponsored Links
I've also turned test calls on for every 6 hours and it's not trying to dial that either- I.e. No fault messages shown when dialling in! What have I done

Open and closes are on.
Test calls are set to 6 hours and the 'test transmissions' box is ticket.

Still won't dial and not even reporting a fault now?! - still something must be turned off...

Would 'enable blind dialing' help if it's struggling with a dial tone?

no it wont help, if theres no dial tone present, blind dialling ignores that it cant see the dial tone and goes to the next step, but wouldn't normally make any difference to connecting.

email us your profile and I'll have a look for you. it sounds like your turning things on and off randomly.

It must be one you have imported from the panel and saved.
also receive and save the panel log.

Many thanks, will send this over to you later when i'm home and able to download the profile and panel log showing today's entry and exit.

Haven't changed the blind dialing, just thought i'd check if that would help.

had a look and replied, may be better to do a team viewer sessions and look at the live data and diiscuss what you are doing / trying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back