Prescriptions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you tell that the over 60's get them for free?

"Britons are swallowing more pills than ever: NHS figures show that the number of prescriptions dispensed has soared by 70 per cent over the last decade. Every man, woman and child in the country received on average 17.8 prescription items in 2010. The vast majority went to those aged over 60, who received 42.4 items each in 2007."

Sponsored Links
It's almost as if the over-60s include the elderly and the majority of the infirm. :rolleyes:

My Dad has 2 or 3 a month for blood pressure/cholesterol/something else. When he had pneumonia earlier this year you could add a new set of tablets once a week for however long it was. Luckily he'd not long turned 60 so got them free.:cool:

Would you rather someone who has never been out of work in 45 years get it free or someone who has never been in work?

Sponsored Links
And what does it matter?

Last time i checked it needed a Qualified Doctor (or similar) to issue the prescriptions.
That is, someone who is likely to know what's best for a person.

So, what's the point of the original statement?

Year by year the elderly population increases...so more medicines required...pretty obvious reason to my mind.

If they had to pay for them that number would plummet.

You mean the poorer could not afford needed medical treatment needed.
I wish you the best of health in the future as the way it is going you WILL have to pay for them.
Or move to Scotland :D

I saw a pensioner served TWO WHOLE CARRIER BAGS of freebies. It was like bloody Christmas.

Loads of them don't even bother taking them but being as they're free? And the Doctor gets a backhander from the drug company - everyone is happy.

And?

Are you a qualified doctor?

If so state your qualifications.

What you shoulod be banging on about is the masses of packaging being used, the effect on the planet with the production and disposal of this.

I saw a pensioner served TWO WHOLE CARRIER BAGS of freebies. It was like bloody Christmas.

Loads of them don't even bother taking them but being as they're free? And the Doctor gets a backhander from the drug company - everyone is happy.
So nice to know you'll be declining any offered to you then.

And everybody's happy except you.

Most of them don't get used - they chuck them in a box in the corner. The NHS is bust - time to get real. Old people should die.

So you personally go around checking their consumption of the medication do you?

Hmm as for your last bit of mentally unstable drivel, how old are you? Is it time you went perchance?

So you personally go around checking their consumption of the medication do you?

Hmm as for your last bit of mentally unstable drivel, how old are you? Is it time you went perchance?
I like the hypocisy of it.

I mmay be mistaken but wasn't someone banging his drum about his daughter getting a first......in some health subject or other?

Sponsored Links
Back