Pricing

People, especially managing agents, etc in London expect to pay extra, so visits certainly aren't uneconomic. They usually have some less-urgent things to do so I bunch them up.
I did a phone-round of YP companies for quotes to repair boilers. More than half of the co's didn't exist any more. Figures varied a lot. I'm told that in practice the ones who quote £60/hr rarely have anyone available. Some well known ones go round in pairs so you get charged £120/hr, plus vat.

I sometimes go in the evening. Folk can be grovellingly grateful, the traffic's lighter and parking's easier.
Recently I changed a diaphragm for someone who offered £200 if I'd go the same evening. Out of the house 2 hours. They were fed up with taking half-days off work waiting for BG who didn't turn up.

The other side of the county can take just as long, is a lot further to drive and the people do not expect to pay for me to get there.

Sponsored Links
I have seen an invoice from a Ltd Co who replaced a PRV and charged 6 hours at £15 per hour plus vat plus about £11 for the part !

No parking and no CC and that was at Oxford Circus !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Last job we done in Soho, the client paid £250 a night plus £40 a day car parking to stay in the Post House inn for a few weeks :LOL:

You guys wanna try the shyte roads of sussex+kent :evil: Iused to reckon an average speed of 25-30 mph..including "motorways"...thank feck I was employed and paid per day :rolleyes:

Comic's daughter I never would have guessed except for the copies of the Liverpool Echo (or similar) she had on the bathroom wall. Old man had a daft hat.

The other bloke -
UntitledBloke.gif

No, this ones an old rocker, about your age. Da nose:
UntitledBloke2.gif

Is it an anagram of 'ail brown Mary'?
No, I don't quite go that far for callouts.
My guy is on tour in the US at the moment though.
Top of the head :
UntitledBloke3.gif

I thought I was going to get that but he is only called "Bloke3".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back